GHQ for Robotech Tactics!

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Should Palladium and GHQ get together on RTT?

1) Yes
45%
2) No
55%

Total votes: 22

Alpha 11
Palladin

GHQ for Robotech Tactics!

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Several people have ordered from them to help expand their RTT games. I think Palladium should use them to make like the tanks, helicopters, and other similar stuff that they have said recently in their updates that they want to do to expand the game. To make things even better, all their stuff is made here in the good old USA! Even if we have to pay a little more for the stuff, I say it is worth it! Plus, they have been around since like, '67, IIRR, so they have a long solid history of making minis like this, and it is in our scale! 1/256! They have also gotten wind of RTT and what people are using their minis for, and it sounds like they would be for this also! So let's all get behind and push for this to happen! RTT and GHQ! And yes, I've got some of their minis also!

http://www.ghqmodels.com/pages/military/index.asp
McPherson
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Still hunting for Pineapple Salad.

Re: GHQ for Robotech Tactics!

Unread post by McPherson »

Personally I voted no, while I do think GHQ's models are good I think Palladium starting to get involved with another company would possibly complicate things further. I'd like the range to expand as per Palladiums latest update but diluting control of the range will only cause problems in the long run, just look at the current issues between Battlefront and Dust Studios for a prime example of what i mean.

- End of Line -
Eternally hunting for Pineapple Salad.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I said no just because they are metals. If the mecha are going to be plastic, the tanks and similar should be plastic too.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

I voted yes. I do want a catseye and other fighter craft from the macross SB. Instead of metal I'd rather see them done in resin.
rosco60559
Explorer

Unread post by rosco60559 »

not sure which way to vote. going yes is cool for objectives and a few conventional forces to have some interesting scenarios.
going with no due to we see conventional forces what maybe 5-7 times in the cartoon? i do like the made in the usa part.
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by wilycoyote »

Is this a little academic?

Unless the license is expanded will GHQ be able to produce Macross/Robotech vehicles.

There also is the question of pricing and supply. GHQ are in the upper tier for models in the scale (albeit they are lovely models) there are cheaper solutions out there, so willl there be enough demand to get them to create new stuff?
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

If GHQ wants to work with them, sure, but with a caveat that I'd rather they focus all their efforts on getting Wave Two complete (from production to shipped out to backers) before expanding the line. We've seen frequent comments regarding their limited resources (time, personnel), and I'd hate to see them add more to their plate while so far behind on what they're already working on.

The last thing we need is "oooh, shiny!" and suddenly another half year is tacked onto to the W2 delivery time frame because they've got another two dozen figures to approve and a similar number of cards to make/balance out for the game.

No Game Designer ADHD. Finish what they start, then add more to it.
Alpha 11
Palladin

wilycoyote wrote:Is this a little academic?

Unless the license is expanded will GHQ be able to produce Macross/Robotech vehicles.

There also is the question of pricing and supply. GHQ are in the upper tier for models in the scale (albeit they are lovely models) there are cheaper solutions out there, so willl there be enough demand to get them to create new stuff?

That's what I'm trying to do here. To get more interest. They have already done a sale to see the interest with a help of a guy on Facebook. So yes, you can say we have their attention. Now all we got to do is see what happens. If enough buzz is generated, GHQ and Palladium might talk to each other.

Forar wrote:If GHQ wants to work with them, sure, but with a caveat that I'd rather they focus all their efforts on getting Wave Two complete (from production to shipped out to backers) before expanding the line. We've seen frequent comments regarding their limited resources (time, personnel), and I'd hate to see them add more to their plate while so far behind on what they're already working on.

The last thing we need is "oooh, shiny!" and suddenly another half year is tacked onto to the W2 delivery time frame because they've got another two dozen figures to approve and a similar number of cards to make/balance out for the game.

That's a given. And that is also what I get from the updates also, that they are looking to expand things with tanks and stuff after wave 2. In fact, they have to do it that way as to not delay wave 2 any more then it is. If they expand into these extras, now, I don't think that will make anyone happy. I'm just trying to point out a great place for them to do it at.
Mike1975
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mike1975 »

Alpha 11 wrote:

That's what I'm trying to do here. To get more interest. They have already done a sale to see the interest with a help of a guy on Facebook. So yes, you can say we have their attention. Now all we got to do is see what happens. If enough buzz is generated, GHQ and Palladium might talk to each other.

Forar wrote:If GHQ wants to work with them, sure, but with a caveat that I'd rather they focus all their efforts on getting Wave Two complete (from production to shipped out to backers) before expanding the line. We've seen frequent comments regarding their limited resources (time, personnel), and I'd hate to see them add more to their plate while so far behind on what they're already working on.

That's a given. And that is also what I get from the updates also, that they are looking to expand things with tanks and stuff after wave 2. In fact, they have to do it that way as to not delay wave 2 any more then it is. If they expand into these extras, now, I don't think that will make anyone happy. I'm just trying to point out a great place for them to do it at.

A few things to note. First several FB members contacted GHQ and told them they had interest and had orders for stuff to use with RRT. GHQ had seen several orders with a note in the comments that the order was for minis for RRT. GHQ was told they could contact someone on FB, which they did. From that contact they got the idea to do the sale with the code to gauge interest. They agreed and had some decent sales. They asked for and got some info to contact PB directly from that same contact. PB and GHQ have already spoken and it is up to them to see where this leads if at all.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

If there's a deal hopefully it's after wave two is done. This project doesn't need anymore game designer ADHD. Anyone that says otherwise does not remember their history. PB said RRT wouldn't affect book output yet it did so...
Alpha 11
Palladin

Mike1975 wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:

A few things to note. First several FB members contacted GHQ and told them they had interest and had orders for stuff to use with RRT. GHQ had seen several orders with a note in the comments that the order was for minis for RRT. GHQ was told they could contact someone on FB, which they did. From that contact they got the idea to do the sale with the code to gauge interest. They agreed and had some decent sales. They asked for and got some info to contact PB directly from that same contact. PB and GHQ have already spoken and it is up to them to see where this leads if at all.

Thanks for the extra info! I really hope a deal is made between them!

Kryptt wrote:If there's a deal hopefully it's after wave two is done. This project doesn't need anymore game designer ADHD. Anyone that says otherwise does not remember their history. PB said RRT wouldn't affect book output yet it did so...

I'm totally with you there. Just get out wave 2, then worry about the rest.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Were the products Sci-Fi plastics designed to fit with the Robotech line? So far it seems like GHQ does really good replicas of existing vehicles in metal. Sci-Fi plastics may be outside of their experience.

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

rosco60559
Explorer

Jeffar, it might be more out of their capability for not having the plastic molds and set up that goes with it. They definitly have some sweet models but I'm not going to bother with them, I'm having a rough enough time building the rrt models and have too much on the hobby table.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i wouldn't mind if RTT was to include a "Global war tank" set of generic stats meant to work with GHQ, CinC, or other 6mm modern figures.. but i think that if PB/ND expands the game to include the vehicles, they need to do the figures in house.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Alpha 11
Palladin

rosco60559 wrote:Jeffar, it might be more out of their capability for not having the plastic molds and set up that goes with it. They definitly have some sweet models but I'm not going to bother with them, I'm having a rough enough time building the rrt models and have too much on the hobby table.

The cool thing about GHQ stuff is that you really don't have to do any "building". Their tanks are just the hull and turret, and you just put them together and be done. You don't even have to glue them! The most work would be the painting and that would depend on how much work you decided to put into that. And besides, these are for expanding AFTER wave 2, so your table should be clear of stuff when this stuff comes out, from were ever it does eventually comes from.

glitterboy2098 wrote:i wouldn't mind if RTT was to include a "Global war tank" set of generic stats meant to work with GHQ, CinC, or other 6mm modern figures.. but i think that if PB/ND expands the game to include the vehicles, they need to do the figures in house.

Isn't it already "out of house" with this stuff being made in China? IIRR, ND doesn't or can't make anything. They give their designs to places like we are using in China and they make it. I also think it would be much quicker then China, GHQ is an expert in making tanks and such vehicles. So I seriously dought it will take them long at all to get it right.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

what i mean is that they should have ninja division design them and that chinese company produce them. bringing in a 4th company would just makes things harder.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Mike1975
Dungeon Crawler

glitterboy2098 wrote:what i mean is that they should have ninja division design them and that chinese company produce them. bringing in a 4th company would just makes things harder.

I gotta disagree with you here. GHQ already has experience with similar stuff, ND does not. The only problem is setting up new agreements, which you would do with ND anyways, and then going through the approval processes. Plus GHQ is local which makes miscommunications a less likely problem by far. As far as the minis being metal, these are so tiny they weigh almost nothing as it is. I have no problem with these. I already have a bunch thanks to GHQ.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Mike1975 wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:what i mean is that they should have ninja division design them and that chinese company produce them. bringing in a 4th company would just makes things harder.

I gotta disagree with you here. GHQ already has experience with similar stuff, ND does not. The only problem is setting up new agreements, which you would do with ND anyways, and then going through the approval processes. Plus GHQ is local which makes miscommunications a less likely problem by far. As far as the minis being metal, these are so tiny they weigh almost nothing as it is. I have no problem with these. I already have a bunch thanks to GHQ.

Exactly! :D
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

the legal issues though, not to mention the extra logistical issues, would make such a deal difficult though.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Alpha 11
Palladin

glitterboy2098 wrote:the legal issues though, not to mention the extra logistical issues, would make such a deal difficult though.

How so?
rosco60559
Explorer

Alpha, thanks for the info about the models. I'm still not picking them up, no real interest in messing with them. It doesn't matter right now if it's before or after wave 2 for me, rrt has fallen in priority on the get done list. The last 3 months with the cold weather and work hasn't been kind to my hands so working on anything smaller than 40k terminators and vehicles has been painfully challenging.
McPherson
Megaversal® Ambassador

Alpha 11 wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:the legal issues though, not to mention the extra logistical issues, would make such a deal difficult though.

How so?

I would assume legal issues wise is how the license that Palladium has works with Harmony Gold, a company who - lets face it are famous for being aggressive in the defense of their IP.

You may think that it wouldn't apply because the units GHQ would be creating aren't in the series or at least minimally on screen, the problem arises in that their stats and rules will be in Robotech licensed rulebooks to be played in a Robotech licensed game, and anything Palladium/GHQ add to the Robotech license has to be Ok'd by Harmony Gold as they do not wish to dilute the impact of the name.

Extra logistical issues come in with having another supplier in the chain, it may seem like a minor thing, especially as GHQ are US based thus nearer than the Chinese factories Palladium are using however again it comes back to the impact of the game and the licence as a whole. If Palladium release a book with all these new GHQ units in and say "blisters are on the way for these new exciting units" and then GHQ can't keep stock levels up to deal with supply suddenly its not GHQ who look like the bad guys but Palladium. So now they're chasing their factory in China to keep stock levels good, their printers (probably in china as well I dont know) to keep printed stocks ok and GHQ to keep their metal/resin stocks fine. Its a bit of a logistical nightmare. Plus you can add into the mix the new units if produced in the same factory as the existing units don't have a separate mail train to get to palladium, they simply get put in the same boxes as everything else, saving money and time.

Of course this is all my educated guess into how the systems would work, hope it helps.

- End of Line -
(edited to fix typos)
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

that's pretty much what i was thinking, but explained better than i could do.

legally, there is also the fact that splitting suppliers for game products is pretty rare.. and we don't know the wording on the contract with Ninja Division or the chinese manufacturer, there might be aspects of the contract that prevents bringing in another competing company to make the figures. no matter what, you'd have to engage lawyers to examine the contracts, make sure you can bring in GHQ legally, then draw up an entirely new deal with them.. all of which is a lot of extra time and effort.

while if ninja division and the chinese company are making the additional figures, the process is more a supplimental extension of the existing contract.. all the important legal details have been established and written out, your just adding some extra products to make.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Alpha 11
Palladin

McPherson wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:

How so?

I would assume legal issues wise is how the license that Palladium has works with Harmony Gold, a company who - lets face it are famous for being aggressive in the defense of their IP.

You may think that it wouldn't apply because the units GHQ would be creating aren't in the series or at least minimally on screen, the problem arises in that their stats and rules will be in Robotech licensed rulebooks to be played in a Robotech licensed game, and anything Palladium/GHQ add to the Robotech license has to be Ok'd by Harmony Gold as they do not wish to dilute the impact of the name.

Extra logistical issues come in with having another supplier in the chain, it may seem like a minor thing, especially as GHQ are US based thus nearer than the Chinese factories Palladium are using however again it comes back to the impact of the game and the licence as a whole. If Palladium release a book with all these new GHQ units in and say "blisters are on the way for these new exciting units" and then GHQ can't keep stock levels up to deal with supply suddenly its not GHQ who look like the bad guys but Palladium. So now they're chasing their factory in China to keep stock levels good, their printers (probably in china as well I dont know) to keep printed stocks ok and GHQ to keep their metal/resin stocks fine. Its a bit of a logistical nightmare. Plus you can add into the mix the new units if produced in the same factory as the existing units don't have a separate mail train to get to palladium, they simply get put in the same boxes as everything else, saving money and time.

Of course this is all my educated guess into how the systems would work, hope it helps.

- End of Line -
(edited to fix typos)

glitterboy2098 wrote:that's pretty much what i was thinking, but explained better than i could do.

legally, there is also the fact that splitting suppliers for game products is pretty rare.. and we don't know the wording on the contract with Ninja Division or the chinese manufacturer, there might be aspects of the contract that prevents bringing in another competing company to make the figures. no matter what, you'd have to engage lawyers to examine the contracts, make sure you can bring in GHQ legally, then draw up an entirely new deal with them.. all of which is a lot of extra time and effort.

while if ninja division and the chinese company are making the additional figures, the process is more a supplimental extension of the existing contract.. all the important legal details have been established and written out, your just adding some extra products to make.

GHQ does all the manufacturing in house, in the US. EVERYTHING. So all they literally have to do is if their stock is low, is (this is a guess now) go over to the next building and start making more. Though I do understand were you are coming from, from the legal point, I still think it would be worth it. (Yes, I know HG would be in on this too.) Palladium says they want the best modes. Well, GHQ is like the best in making tanks and other such vehicles. And as for logistical issues, they what, make a bunch, put them on a truck, and send them to Palladium? Ya, that might be a little over simplifying things, but isn't it about just that. Compared to trucks, ships, and trains with China?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

logistically though everything goes through palladium. so instead of waiting on shipments from one source for all models, which is what we have now, you'd have two sets of shipments, on two different schedules, with twice the chances for problems..

you also have to consider the fact that GHQ may not want to co-operate. especially to make what are basically minor units for a game so far out of their normal market. (they don't do scifi.. they do historicals. where they basically have cornered the market.)

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Alpha, they are great with historical/contemporary metals. Please show me some of their work on sci-fi plastics that might work with the Robotech line. Then I might put them in the running.

Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Do they even do plastic? Everything I've seen from them has been in pewter, which is more expensive as a material (though probably not noticeably so with such tiny pieces), but the molds are considerably cheaper. Somewhere around an order of magnitude cheaper, from what I've read on the subject.

Also, being pewter would give these tiny figures a bit of weight to them. In plastic I'd be afraid of losing them if I sneezed before they were based.
Last edited by Forar on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike1975
Dungeon Crawler

They are all pewter. No plastics.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Jefffar wrote:Alpha, they are great with historical/contemporary metals. Please show me some of their work on sci-fi plastics that might work with the Robotech line. Then I might put them in the running.

As far as I know, they don't deal in plastics. They deal in:

Mike1975 wrote:They are all pewter. No plastics.

And I don't see anything wrong with using that to make the tanks and other such vehicals for the game.

Forar wrote:Also, being pewter would give these tiny figures a bit of weight to them. In plastic I'd be afraid of losing them if I sneezed before they were based.

This is another good reason to use the heavier pewter for the tanks and stuff, IMO.

And Jefffar, by the way you did your question, you know they don't do any Sci-Fi. They are a great company for making combat vehicals, that is why I think they can do this, and do it well, and they are interested. So if they think they can make money off of it, then they might go for it. Who knows, they might have been thinking of expanding into different fields and we might have given them the open door. If it doesn't happen, I'll be disappointed, but will move one. Was also just trying to think of the best way to help draw more people to RTT, and this might help in that area. And you got to addment, if GHQ did do this, it would bring RTT a lot of attention.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

on the topic of GHQ doing scifi..

http://www.ghqmodels.com/forum/viewtopi ... ce+fiction

GHQ wrote:At this time we don't have plans to get into sci-fi. We get requests for it pretty regularly. As it is, we are already spread pretty thin with all of the historical lines that we have. Does anyone remember all of the hub-bub from some long-time customers when we released the Wehrmacht '47?* We can't even imagine what the outcry would be if we went into sci-fi/fantasy miniatures!

Thank you for your support,
GHQ

now this was from 2004, but i severely doubt that have changed their plans.. if anything their lines have been spread even thinner (and they still are missing tons of historical/modern vehicles)

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Mike1975
Dungeon Crawler

glitterboy2098 wrote:on the topic of GHQ doing scifi..

http://www.ghqmodels.com/forum/viewtopi ... ce+fiction

GHQ wrote:At this time we don't have plans to get into sci-fi. We get requests for it pretty regularly. As it is, we are already spread pretty thin with all of the historical lines that we have. Does anyone remember all of the hub-bub from some long-time customers when we released the Wehrmacht '47?* We can't even imagine what the outcry would be if we went into sci-fi/fantasy miniatures!

Thank you for your support,
GHQ

now this was from 2004, but i severely doubt that have changed their plans.. if anything their lines have been spread even thinner (and they still are missing tons of historical/modern vehicles)

Well the phone discussion I had with them today may contradict that...let's just say they are just looking at possibilities. Which is a perfectly normal and sensible thing to do. :)
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

But still no plastic sci-fi. I'll get excited when I see some.

Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

... what is it with you and plastic? :-P

I mean, I started with Wyrd's pewter figures and their move to plastic a few years back was a bit concerning. I was new to minis, had become comfortable with working with one material, and was a bit anxious about learning to work with another. In the end it all worked out.

And let's not lose sight that we're talking about finger-nail sized tanks and aircraft (minor hyperbole present).

Also, as noted above, plastic molds are *expensive*, and have much tighter design restrictions than pewter molds do. I can't see them (or any company) swapping materials unless they absolutely had to for some reason.
McPherson
Megaversal® Ambassador

I think Jefffar is interested in plastic so they would match the rest of the RRT range.

- End of Line -
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Right, but once it's painted up it doesn't really matter, does it?

Yes, working with different materials can require different techniques, but frankly GHQ seems happy working in pewter, so I don't think we'll see plastic from them any time soon, sci-fi or otherwise. Expecting a company that works in pewter to adopt plastic just so their product line happens to use the same material as the one PB chose for theirs seems somewhat demanding on what's really a non-issue.

I've played with mixed plastics and pewter during my Malifaux days. Once it's primed and painted, the only difference is in the weight, which at this size would likely be negligible anyway.
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

In part because the rest of the line is plastic and in part because I hate working with metals. I find metals harder to convert and to properly prepare for painting. Weight isn't an issue either way for me at this scale as they are tiny enough that metal's weight doesn't make them too heavy and they will be likely on bases so plastic won't just get 'blown away'

Alpha 11
Palladin

Jefffar wrote:In part because the rest of the line is plastic and in part because I hate working with metals. I find metals harder to convert and to properly prepare for painting. Weight isn't an issue either way for me at this scale as they are tiny enough that metal's weight doesn't make them too heavy and they will be likely on bases so plastic won't just get 'blown away'

Sorry, but what do you mean by convert?
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Alpha 11 wrote:
Jefffar wrote:In part because the rest of the line is plastic and in part because I hate working with metals. I find metals harder to convert and to properly prepare for painting. Weight isn't an issue either way for me at this scale as they are tiny enough that metal's weight doesn't make them too heavy and they will be likely on bases so plastic won't just get 'blown away'

Modify the model. For example, I may want to represent battle damage by scoring the armour or I may want to use pieces of a tank on the base of a mecha. Doing that with plastic is a lot easier.

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

not to mention that most of the non-mecha units in macross era are helicopters and fighter jets.. good sized ones too. metal figures would weight a fair amount and would be harder to mount with a decent flying base due to weight.. and for the same reasons they'd be harder to use in game due to balance issues (unless your using a pewter base of fair thickness as well to compensate. at which point the total figure is just heavy)

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Alpha 11
Palladin

Jefffar wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:

Modify the model. For example, I may want to represent battle damage by scoring the armour or I may want to use pieces of a tank on the base of a mecha. Doing that with plastic is a lot easier.

Got ya.

glitterboy2098 wrote:not to mention that most of the non-mecha units in macross era are helicopters and fighter jets.. good sized ones too. metal figures would weight a fair amount and would be harder to mount with a decent flying base due to weight.. and for the same reasons they'd be harder to use in game due to balance issues (unless your using a pewter base of fair thickness as well to compensate. at which point the total figure is just heavy)

The weight is really a none issue at this size. Believe, I have some of their models, and they are VERY light.
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Once painted it isn't going to matter if your mecha are plastic, and the conventional vehicles are metal.

I voted yes, because we need conventional vehicles, and to be completely honest the pewter castings GHQ puts out are for more superior that the the RRT minis (I guess that's what you get by manufacturing in China). I can easily see PB/China trying to produce a Cat's Eye that has 10-15 pieces, while GHQ can make a cat's Eye that is better detailed and has less pieces to glue together.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Alpha 11
Palladin

jedi078 wrote:Once painted it isn't going to matter if your mecha are plastic, and the conventional vehicles are metal.

I voted yes, because we need conventional vehicles, and to be completely honest the pewter castings GHQ puts out are for more superior that the the RRT minis (I guess that's what you get by manufacturing in China). I can easily see PB/China trying to produce a Cat's Eye that has 10-15 pieces, while GHQ can make a cat's Eye that is better detailed and has less pieces to glue together.

Ya, I have to agree that the GHQ stuff is better, but the RRT stuff isn't that bad. GHQ could most likely do the Cat's Eye in 2 pieces. I believe their fighters are all one piece. While their helicopters are 2, the main body and the main blades.
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Alpha 11 wrote:Ya, I have to agree that the GHQ stuff is better, but the RRT stuff isn't that bad. GHQ could most likely do the Cat's Eye in 2 pieces. I believe their fighters are all one piece. While their helicopters are 2, the main body and the main blades.

When it comes to comparing minis I only have RTT and GHQ to compare. That said you can tell the different between a company who has been putting minis out since the late sixties and a company who has just only begun to produce minis. My only real gripe wth the RTT minis is that it appears PB took a 1/100 scale model kit and scaled it down to 1/285, which is why we have two peices for legs and arms. Hopefully we'll see some improvements with wave 2 and beyond as it pertains to

That said I've been building model aircraft since I was 7 and my only real difficulty with the RTT minis is the size when it comes to painting detail.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
rosco60559
Explorer

I agree if you're expanding out your rpg you'd probably need the conventional vehicles. As a stand alone mini game, not so much.

Just guessing at it ghq might be able to get a lot of the figs in the 2-5 piece range.
Alpha 11
Palladin

jedi078 wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:Ya, I have to agree that the GHQ stuff is better, but the RRT stuff isn't that bad. GHQ could most likely do the Cat's Eye in 2 pieces. I believe their fighters are all one piece. While their helicopters are 2, the main body and the main blades.

When it comes to comparing minis I only have RTT and GHQ to compare. That said you can tell the different between a company who has been putting minis out since the late sixties and a company who has just only begun to produce minis. My only real gripe wth the RTT minis is that it appears PB took a 1/100 scale model kit and scaled it down to 1/285, which is why we have two peices for legs and arms. Hopefully we'll see some improvements with wave 2 and beyond as it pertains to

That said I've been building model aircraft since I was 7 and my only real difficulty with the RTT minis is the size when it comes to painting detail.

Well, it will be my first time doing any model painting, so I will be going simple for me.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”