Running GAGG 2015

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DocTom
Megaversal® Ambassador

Running GAGG 2015

Unread post by DocTom »

I just ran a Robotech game at the Running GAGG gaming convention in Geneseo, NY. The players loved and said the game was "Surprisingly fun!" The title was "First Contact," but probably should have been "Blind Game."
We started playing Robotech RPG Tactics, the players had 4 VTs and a Cats Eye. I had wave after wave of battle pods to throw after them. I think the players enjoyed maneuvering, transforming, and blowing away the pods. Eventually they were overwhelmed and the Recon Pod pulled the damaged Cats Eye into Khyron's command ship. The two surviving VTs went into save the communication officer Lt Command Harris.
That's when we switched to playing the RPG. The remaining two VTs found the Catseye, but then Khyron arrived and easily battered them to pieces. Some excellent called shots from an M-21 rifle's grenade launcher and the booby-trapped catseye resulted in all the hero's escaping in a commandeered Battle Pod, phew!
The combination of RPG Tactics and the RPG worked nicely.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Re: Running GAGG 2015

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

DocTom wrote:I just ran a Robotech game at the Running GAGG gaming convention in Geneseo, NY. The players loved and said the game was "Surprisingly fun!" The title was "First Contact," but probably should have been "Blind Game."
We started playing Robotech RPG Tactics, the players had 4 VTs and a Cats Eye. I had wave after wave of battle pods to throw after them. I think the players enjoyed maneuvering, transforming, and blowing away the pods. Eventually they were overwhelmed and the Recon Pod pulled the damaged Cats Eye into Khyron's command ship. The two surviving VTs went into save the communication officer Lt Command Harris.
That's when we switched to playing the RPG. The remaining two VTs found the Catseye, but then Khyron arrived and easily battered them to pieces. Some excellent called shots from an M-21 rifle's grenade launcher and the booby-trapped catseye resulted in all the hero's escaping in a commandeered Battle Pod, phew!
The combination of RPG Tactics and the RPG worked nicely.

Wow, awesome! Thanks for the report!
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

Wow! sound like a great time! any pics?
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
CaptKaruthors
Explorer

Unread post by CaptKaruthors »

Yeah, I'd love to see some pictures from this event.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

... that title is perfect. It works on at least 3 levels.

Well played.
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Morgan Vening »

Forar wrote:... that title is perfect. It works on at least 3 levels.

Well played.

Disagree. It's been a running gag since 2013.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”