450 point UEDF

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

GaiusHarlock
Megaversal® Ambassador

450 point UEDF

Unread post by GaiusHarlock »

ok BEFORE you evicerate me for this and completely tell me how it cannot work please understand that this was an idea that spawned in my head a few days after I got my models and rules... and with most ideas they dont go away until I work it out and iron out the wrinkles... feel free to ask questions or to point out flaws but keep in mind everything I have done has come straight out of 1 starter box and the purchase of the Spartan/Phalanx box

without any other books or source material I concocted a way to create custom pilots for all of the mecha in your force if you do NOT have the RPG rulebook handy...

it all starts with the Core Force Cards.

take the mecha listed on the core card... using the selected core card start with step one in the core rulebook page (pg 93,94) apply step one for custom pilots and select each of the mecha on the core force card and pay thier costs...then I add in the costs for any specials, then for Major and Minor Advances (I put a hard limit on these so as not to get stupid and will explain the formula for that in a second) figuring that any points left over could be spent on built in upgrades...

example:
points of each selected mecha on the core force card + specials + major and minor advances = Base Custom Pilot Core Force Card

And now to how I limited Major and Minor Advances (*)

all Valkyrie Squad leader (VF-1J armored, super, jotun and YF-4 Flight Lead) gets 1 major and 2 minor advances
all Valkyrie Squad members(VF-1A armored, super, jotun and YF-4) 1 Minor advance
VF-1S Valkyrie (armored, super, jotun) get 2 Major and 4 Minor advances
Destroids with Command upgrade get 1 Major and 2 Minor advances
all other destroids get 1 Minor upgrade

not sure how to work this out for zent forces but I suppose the same formula would work...

the VF-1S was the odd mecha to figure out but I limited it to 2 Major and 4 minor Advances, of course I did not take the extra major advance and did pick up an extra minor advance (treating this character like a force commander or war caster or just overall army commander)

and so.. without further guilding the lilly and no more adieu I give you VMF-162 (would you fight this list ?)

Example Robotech RPG Tactics Complete Collection All custom Pilots list

1a.) Valkyrie Core Squadron and Special and 2 x Support
VF-1J (10 points) 1 Major Advance(35 points) 2 Minor Advances (5 points each) 55 Points
VF-1A (5 points) 1 Minor Advance (5 points) x 3 = 30 points
Special: VF-1S (15 points) 1 Major Advance (35 points) 3 Minor Advances (15 points) 65 points
Support: 2x VF-1R (upgrade VF-1J and 1A's to VF-1R) 20 points
170 points before built in upgrades specials and support

2a.) UEDF Area Denial Squadron + Special
Tomahawk (20 points) Command Upgrade (10 points) 1 Major Advance (35 points) 2 Minor Advances (10 points)
Tomahawk (20 points) 1 Minor Advance (5 points)
Defender (10 points) 1 Minor Advance (5 points) x 2 = 30 points
130 points before built in upgrades and support

3a.) UEDF Perimeter Defense Squadron + Special
Spartan (10) Command Upgrade (10 points) 1 Major Advance (35 points) 2 Minor Advances (10 points)
Spartan (10) 1 Minor Advance (5 points)
Phalanx (10) 1 Minor Advance (5 points) x 2 = 30 points
Total before Built in Upgrades: 110

*just because you CAN take a Major or Minor advance does not mean that you have to take it.

Total Force Cost before Built in Upgrades: 410 points
and for a 450 point game that still leaves me 40 points to spend for built in upgrades.
and fulfills the requirements for 1 core force card per 150 points
Alpha 11
Palladin

Re: 450 point UEDF

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Nice.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”