Question on RoW shipments and their packaging

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Question on RoW shipments and their packaging

Unread post by wilycoyote »

Okay this is not about when the packages will be delivered - though I am obviously curious and hopfully the new update will answer this.

I wondered if anyone knows if these RoW pledges are picked/completed and boxed up when they went on the pallets at Palladium and so when they arrive they merely need to be shipped on, according to the address slip. Or are the components to make up the pledges being sent to the fulfilment centre (Battlefoam UK?) and the pledges assembled there before being posted on?

I would assume pre boxed as this would make most sense and minimise any further delays?
McPherson
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Still hunting for Pineapple Salad.

Re: Question on RoW shipments and their packaging

Unread post by McPherson »

Good question - and to second that.

If there are problems with what arrives in RoW shipments - for instance parts damaged or missing whom do we chase up, Palladium directly or Battlefoam UK if they are doing the final packaging and shipping out?

Hope to hear soon - thanks for your help.

- End of Line -
Eternally hunting for Pineapple Salad.
rosco60559
Explorer

Unread post by rosco60559 »

almost 2 weeks ago wanye shared with us on mike's fb page that the Europe pledges were at battlefoam, waiting for the boat. unfortunately for you guys battlefoam uses the port in LA since it's closer to them.
McPherson
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Still hunting for Pineapple Salad.

Unread post by McPherson »

Thanks for the info Rosco, I dont follow Mike or Wayne on Facebook so I dont have access to what was said.

However it still hasn't really answered either mine or Wily's question.

Did PB pre-pack everything so it's just ready to mail on once it arrives at Battlefoams UK Warehouse or did they just put the pallets in with a list of who gets what and its up to Battlefoam to pick and pack and ship once it gets there?

What is the policy for RoW customers who may discover pieces missing or broken.

Hope the next weekly update may answer these questions.

- End of Line -
Eternally hunting for Pineapple Salad.
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Thanks Roscoe, I had seen seen this but as Mcpherson says I am more interested in what Battlefoam have to hand and what is actually being loaded. Of course this may also cast some light on how therest of the RoW boxes are to be handled.

If the pledges were all boxed up then we are only looking at shipping and sending out once they hit the UK - presume they are preaddressed. If Battlefoam have to use components to make up pledges - including finding thse that need a bag added - this will take time, addling to the delay and of it may be difficult to get answers on their progress. Another issue will be missing parts replacement, if Battlefoam are packing the goods do they then take on responsibilty for the package being correct?

Hopefully the extensive update we have bee promised this week will adrees all of these concerns
rosco60559
Explorer

Unread post by rosco60559 »

no problem guys, just passing along what I know. wayne didn't go into any details other than telling us that the stuff was waiting for the boat.
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

So from the update it would seem our pledges are already pre boxed good that offsets the other news about yet another delay in getting the stuff shipped
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Okay the good ship Meteor is in Los Angeles now so only another four weeks till it docks in Southampton. Aussie stuff has left the warehouse to go to port - New York?

So what news of the RoW direct shipments, when where and how would be nice to know?

Given the trials and tribu;ations over wave one shipping, have lessons beenlearnt and is there any possibility of reversing the shipping order for wave 2? It would seem that if this was done then the likliehood is that all backers would get their rewards in hand at roughly the same time?
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

wilycoyote wrote:Given the trials and tribu;ations over wave one shipping, have lessons beenlearnt and is there any possibility of reversing the shipping order for wave 2? It would seem that if this was done then the likliehood is that all backers would get their rewards in hand at roughly the same time?

I agree it should be done like this for wave two. Only problem is PB isn't shipping all pledges at the same time. So if PB ships wave two to EU/ROW first then the US and Canada would have to wait till everyone else gets their pledges. I can only imagine all of us in the US being very angry with PB. When wave two comes out it'll ship the same except this time they might actually ship from the proper ports (EU comes from NY, Aussie stuff comes from LA).

I could be wrong and lessons were learned and it'll go better next time. Or not
wilycoyote
Dungeon Crawler

Kryptt,

I know you are right, but I can hope
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

It's the kind of nerd rage that would make all the other controversies with this project pale in comparison.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Kryptt wrote:
wilycoyote wrote:Given the trials and tribu;ations over wave one shipping, have lessons beenlearnt and is there any possibility of reversing the shipping order for wave 2? It would seem that if this was done then the likliehood is that all backers would get their rewards in hand at roughly the same time?

I agree it should be done like this for wave two. Only problem is PB isn't shipping all pledges at the same time. So if PB ships wave two to EU/ROW first then the US and Canada would have to wait till everyone else gets their pledges. I can only imagine all of us in the US being very angry with PB. When wave two comes out it'll ship the same except this time they might actually ship from the proper ports (EU comes from NY, Aussie stuff comes from LA).

I could be wrong and lessons were learned and it'll go better next time. Or not

on the otherhand, given the time delay for ROW shipments, if they do those first, get those crates out the door, then do the north american shipments using normal mail.. the ROW shipments ought to arrive in the hands of the backers around the same time the first NA ones do. certainly, at least, the time difference would be a lot smaller, which could help offset some of the negative emotions from the result of wave 1.

it would also help prevent PB from jumping the gun and releasing the wave 2 kits to the market before the ROW backers receiver their stuff.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
LtPebbles
Wanderer
Comment: Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Fan

Unread post by LtPebbles »

I am a US backer and I'm all for the EU/RoW backers getting their wave 2 packages mailed first. Maybe we can have another Kickstarter poll like the GenCon vote.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Yeah that vote went real well. I still feel all it would do is cause outrage. You know people will be talking lawsuits again only this time it would be more than one disgruntled backer.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”