300 Points UEDF - Hero Valk Focus

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

silvermoon383
Wanderer

300 Points UEDF - Hero Valk Focus

Unread post by silvermoon383 »

Been trying to plan out which heads to put on my Valkyrie so I put together the following 300 point force:

80 Valkyrie Squadron
05 SDF-1 Air Wing Nose Lasers
30 VF-1S
30 Roy Fokker (VF-1S)
10 Rick Hunter (VF-1J)
10 Max Sterling (VF-1A)
10 Miriya Sterling
05 Ben Dixon (VF-1A)
175 Subtotal

60 Fire Support Destroid Squadron
30 Phalanx Scorpio Advanced Artillery
40 Tomahawk Squad
30 Spartan Destroid Squad
130 Subtotal

305 Grand Total

What do you think? I'm planning on using this force and the Zentradi one that'll come up later to do a final demo at the local game store. For the initial interest demos I'll probably use the skirmish forces (1 card for each side) and then build up to the full 300 points over the course of the day.
Last edited by silvermoon383 on Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Axoid
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: 300 Points UEDF - Hero Valk Focus

Unread post by Axoid »

I'd drop the Spartan squad, and add the Scorpio artillery option (15 pts) to the fire support squadron. Inescapable, indirect, anti-missile proof blast weapons are killer. With the other 15 pts, take a destroid command upgrade (10pts)

With the extra 5 pts, I'd also drop the nose lasers (with so many other weapons to spend your command points on you'l never use them) to add Miriya. Have either Max or Miriya without the other is waste as they are so much better together than the sum of their parts.

My 2c.

Later,
Don
silvermoon383
Wanderer

Unread post by silvermoon383 »

Alrighty, here's the 300 point Zentradi force:

70 Regult Recon Squadron
35 Regult Squad
25 Gluuhaug-Regult Squad
10 Khyron
140 Subtotal

70 Regult Attrition Squadron
25 Gluuhaug-Regult Squad
40 Serauhaug-Regult Squad
20 Glaug
05 Azonia
160 Subtotal

300 Grand Total

And it just dawned on me that I'd have to get another set of Artillery Pods to do this. If I did so, would you say I should replace Khyron's Gluuhaug's with Telnestas?

Thanks for the suggestion Axoid, I'll swap those in and edit the post to reflect.
Malcontent-Khyron
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Malcontent-Khyron »

Axoid wrote:I'd drop the Spartan squad, and add the Scorpio artillery option (15 pts) to the fire support squadron. Inescapable, indirect, anti-missile proof blast weapons are killer. With the other 15 pts, take a destroid command upgrade (10pts)

With the extra 5 pts, I'd also drop the nose lasers (with so many other weapons to spend your command points on you'l never use them) to add Miriya. Have either Max or Miriya without the other is waste as they are so much better together than the sum of their parts.

My 2c.

Later,
Don

Yeah in a touirney setting you'd be right but seeing as he is using this as a Demo I would'nt make the phalanx to beefy. They are already a big enough game changer for Zent players don't run off new people with em.
Why are they using such primative weapons?
Axoid
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Axoid »

Missed that line. It's fine as-is then.
GaiusHarlock
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by GaiusHarlock »

I am kicking this around for a force...

Core, Special and 2x Support: UEDF Valkyrie Squadron upgraded to VF-1R's 130 points 10 Command Points
VF-1J(r)
VF-1A(r) x3
VF-1S 30 points 4 Command Points

Core Squad and Special: UEDF Area Denial Squadron w/Command Tommahawk 70 points 6 Command Points

Core Squad and Special: UEDF Perimeter Defense Squadron w/Spartan Commander 80 points 6 command points
Spartans equipped with GU-11(10 points), Phalanx equipped with Artillery Rockets(10)

that takes me to 300 points... I am open to suggestions for upgrades and pilots JUST to bring it up to 450 points

at 300 points I will usually have one more activation than my opponent, and at 450 I have plenty of wiggle room for upgrades and pilots
and it already has 22 Command points for 13 models on the table.... something to be said for Quality over quantity....

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”