RPG & RRT mixed campaign

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axoid
Megaversal® Ambassador

RPG & RRT mixed campaign

Unread post by Axoid »

We're going to start a campaign, combining the RPG and RRT. The base story will follow the events of the console game Robotech: Battlecry. The plan is to alternate between RPG sessions and RRT battles. The RPG sessions will provide information and potentially mission bonuses (or hindrances) to the RRT battles.

This is our first foray into this type of mixed campaign, so we picked the Battlecry storyline as it will provide a solid foundation of missions that we can build an RPG around.

What we know so far:
• The year is 2013, nearly 2 years since the Earth was decimated by the Zentraedi fleet
• The PCs are recent graduates of the newly restored Robotech Academy, and are assigned to Wolf Squadron, alongside Jack Archer
• The PCs may be humans or micronized Zentraedi that successfully assimilated into human culture
• All the PCs will have some sort of background where their lives were adversely affected by the decimation
• To make the RRT a bit less deadly, we'll probably limit the OpFor's command point pool, except when facing a boss enemy. This should make battles go a bit faster, and enemy Mecha less heroic and more peon-like

Looks like we'll have 4 PCs and 1 GM to start. Frequency may be twice monthly, at worst one/month.

I'll post more info as we work out some details and generate characters over the holiday break.

Thanks,
Don
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Re: RPG & RRT mixed campaign

Unread post by Phaze »

I would love to hear how it goes!
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”