Space Battlefield suggestions?

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

tgunner91
Explorer

Space Battlefield suggestions?

Unread post by tgunner91 »

That's an interesting option. The easiest potentially too. Some black felt, a few rocks (or purpose built "rocks") and there you go. Boring perhaps...

So what could be done to make this more interesting?

1. Maybe some of those extra bits frame the Valkyrie sprues could be painted up to make objective markers or debris fields. Broken up sprues could do that too.

2. The new X-Wing has a lot of companies making terrain pieces like laser towers, gun emplacements, and buildings/structures. Stuff like that could be used to build a SDF game board. Maybe it's time to look at the show to see what Zentraedi ship hulls look like. I remember a lot of bulbs and spines. What a cool board that could be!

Any other ideas?
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Re: Space Battlefield suggestions?

Unread post by Phaze »

Space Battle mat. FrontLine Gaming has a great one on neoprene like a large mouse pad for only $85. Great map.

I used decrative glass for ice crystals, lava lanscaping rock for asteroids, and I made terrain like a broken up edge of Macross city for a scenario just over the fold misshap.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g196/Jakovaltrade/Gencon%2014%20Games/20140817_090451.jpg

With the Ice crystals, I glue bunches of them together to form larger clumps, and just as the buildings can be destroyed, so can the ice crystals leaving a pile of smaller crystals that act as dangerous terrain.
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
tgunner91
Explorer

Unread post by tgunner91 »

Wow! That truely rocks! What a cool choice for a gaming table. How did you make the big rocks with the buildings on it?

It's going to be games like this that fire people up to play this game. You should write both of these games up as scenarios and after action reports/battle reports!
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

tgunner91 wrote:You should write both of these games up as scenarios and after action reports/battle reports!

I did... :)

http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=144241

And you can find the GENCON after action reports in the forums as well.
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”