sleeves for cards

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

slaaneshgod
Wanderer

sleeves for cards

Unread post by slaaneshgod »

Anyone had any luck finding sleeves for the play cards. I know they are supposed to have been laminated but I don't trust how that will work writing on them especially after feeling them. I usually use fantasy flight sleeves but non of them fit her well except on the cards I don't need to mark on. The large cards and the small cards don't fit any sleeves I found. I can't find a sleeve the large card fits into and the small cards won't fit in the smaller sleeves I have found and the larger sleeves are way too big for the little cards. If anyone has any options or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Soon as I get assembled I want to play but nervous to mark on cards.
May the killer rabbit eternal servant of chaos always prevail!
Prince of Excess!!!
jdarr5000
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: sleeves for cards

Unread post by jdarr5000 »

I just got my battle cry box today myself and I tested that the character cards fit the standard playing card sleves but a bit snugly and the squad cards fit the double sized sleeves

All the sleeves mentioned your local brick and motar store which sells magic the gathering should have sleeves but you will want the clear sleeves for the card sized ones.

Clear sleeves single mech and charaters
http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-Protect ... ro+sleeves

Oversized sleeves for squads
http://www.amazon.com/Oversized-Deck-Pr ... ro+sleeves

I need to check the sizing chart for the other cards yet.

Jdarr
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Best idea to keep your cards mint is scan them and blow them up, a few to a page, 8 1/2 x 11 normal paper size- run your games using cards that you can track damage and weapon use, on sheets of paper that do not impact your set.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
slaaneshgod
Wanderer

The single mecha and character cards aren't an issue bit the double size I appreciate. Thank you! Anyone have any finds on the little cards. I don't like wasting the ink its too expensive. I play warmahordes and find decent sleeves and a vis a via works beautifully. Thank you for suggestions and willingness to help. I may have to go to the sports and magic shop (dont like the people who frequent so avoid it) to check for the double size I know fantasy flights double size doesnt work tried those. Thank you again for the help!
Prince of Excess!!!
jdarr5000
Megaversal® Ambassador

slaaneshgod i Play that game called magic and I tested the double size ultra pros when you go to your local store if they give you a confused look ask for sleeves for "planechase or large commanders"

I know for the mini size I should have a answer for that with in the week or so.
slaaneshgod
Wanderer

Jdarr5000. Thank you very much. Our local magic scene is somewhat unsavory unfortunately and the shop also caters to the sports collectible people (generally not my thing) so I kind of avoid it, the guy who runs the shop is cool I just don't like the clientele lately. I will go by and try to get what you suggest. In really do appreciate the help. I didnt know magic had cards that big. Interesting. I tried the europeon board game and american board game size sleeves and both are too small for the little cards I'm afraid.
Prince of Excess!!!
Grabula
D-Bee

Unread post by Grabula »

I'm just going to laminate my cards. I've got a friend who is talking about doing his own cards (he's a graphic artist so should be a pinch for him), he feels like he can make them a little more efficient than they are now. If he does that I'll laminate those and use them!
In the middle of painting my first mecha!
slaaneshgod
Wanderer

I will probably just have to put clear contact paper over them since I don't own a laminator and can't find any sleeves that will fit around here.
Prince of Excess!!!
jdarr5000
Megaversal® Ambassador

Folks I just got my order of sleeves in and the sleeve are

mini addon cards are ultra pro "board game mini" stock 82661
Large squad cards "Black "Oversized" DP" stock 82420
Charater and other standard size are just standard sized sleves used for most games magic other deck building games.

All of which are are available on amazon or though a brick and motar store that deals with ACD distribution or southern hobby. In some cases a quick look shows my brick and motar was able to get a better price on some of the sleeves than what amazon is showing.

If theres a FAQ being generated this should be added to it the sleeve sizes that is.
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

Thanks for the info!
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
slaaneshgod
Wanderer

jdarr5000 wrote:Folks I just got my order of sleeves in and the sleeve are

mini addon cards are ultra pro "board game mini" stock 82661
Large squad cards "Black "Oversized" DP" stock 82420
Charater and other standard size are just standard sized sleves used for most games magic other deck building games.

All of which are are available on amazon or though a brick and motar store that deals with ACD distribution or southern hobby. In some cases a quick look shows my brick and motar was able to get a better price on some of the sleeves than what amazon is showing.

If theres a FAQ being generated this should be added to it the sleeve sizes that is.

Thank you very much for this information. My store might not have anything but now I know exactly what to ask him to order if he can.
Prince of Excess!!!

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”