The lucky few

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axoid
Megaversal® Ambassador

The lucky few

Unread post by Axoid »

With the announcement the game is shipping now, anyone here some of the lucky few that got a shipping notification? I didn't, so I'm hoping to live vicariously through you!
Maximilian Jenius
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: The lucky few

Unread post by Maximilian Jenius »

I did not!
godsgopher
Wanderer

Unread post by godsgopher »

Yes by all means tell everyone you are receiving your stuff while most of us are still waiting. We all promise that no one here who "might" have bad feelings or insecurities about this project will transfer any of those feelings onto you. You Commie, Mutant, Traitor Scum...

Personally I am very excited by the news and look forward to receiving my stuff where ever I end up in the shipping queue. If your one of those first on the shipping list I really hope you enjoy the game that you helped make possible. Thank you everyone.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Mine is now sitting on my desk next to me hehe going to wait till I get home as I don't want to risk losing any bits at work. I have to say the box for this thing is pretty darn big.
Bad_Syntax
Explorer

Unread post by Bad_Syntax »

Did you get a tracking number first?
Kendachi
Wanderer

Unread post by Kendachi »

If you don't mind me asking, what was your backer number and what did you order?
"If a question is not asked, then how can it be ignored?" - NMI

“No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.” - George Bernard Shaw

"Robotech RPG Tactics, the game, will be at Gen Con. For sale. In quantity. There's not much question about that." - Wayne
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Lucky you. :ok: And yes, some info please.
Axoid
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Axoid »

Got my shipping notice last night, Scheduled Delivery: Thursday, 10/30/2014, By End of Day. Showdown reward.

I may take a day off next week to work on these, as we have a huge event planned for our Pittsburgh convention, GASPcon (http://www.gaspgamer.com/?page_id=36).

Thanks,
Grabula
D-Bee

Unread post by Grabula »

I did saturday afternoon. Tracking says my package will arrive on time thursday end of day!

I know some people have received their stuff without getting the notification.
In the middle of painting my first mecha!
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Good to hear they have started on US showdowns. Considering how long/how many Battle Cry boxes got tagged for US delivery, I wonder if "ROW" numbers are higher in Showdowns (better price per box when accounting for both the lower per unit price and the lower per unit shipping), thus meaning the US ones will go by quickly?

Guess we'll find out in the coming weeks. In theory, roughly half of backers should have their stuff in the mail now.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

got a phone call today to confirm the shipping address (it's going to my brother's place, he has a small town PObox so it looks a little odd)

also, i'm not sure that "few" counts any more, since going by the announcements they've shipped over 2000 of the orders so far.. which is about a third of the total # who pledged.
Last edited by glitterboy2098 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Bad_Syntax
Explorer

Unread post by Bad_Syntax »

Wow, a phone call.... sounds like they are really trying to make sure they are doing it right. Quite a time sink, but in some folks case I'm sure they'd be far more irate to see something get delivered to a place they no longer live or with a typo in the address.

If they've shipped 2000, that was I would THINK the 2000 easier ones. The rate of packages out the door will be going down as complexity increases, until they spend multiple man hours on nutjobs like myself that spent too much to support the idea of a RRT miniatures game :)

Glad to see some assembled models out there, some *GREAT* paint jobs, and overall a pretty happy feeling about what people have gotten. Very few game reports, but hopefully those will come as armies get finished.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Bad_Syntax wrote:Wow, a phone call.... sounds like they are really trying to make sure they are doing it right. Quite a time sink, but in some folks case I'm sure they'd be far more irate to see something get delivered to a place they no longer live or with a typo in the address.

If they've shipped 2000, that was I would THINK the 2000 easier ones. The rate of packages out the door will be going down as complexity increases, until they spend multiple man hours on nutjobs like myself that spent too much to support the idea of a RRT miniatures game :)

Glad to see some assembled models out there, some *GREAT* paint jobs, and overall a pretty happy feeling about what people have gotten. Very few game reports, but hopefully those will come as armies get finished.

it came in at 9:30 am my time, probably right as they were getting ready to print a batch of shipping labels. woke me up and i almost didn't understand what was being asked at first.. i tend to be a zombie if woken up early (and lately i've been slipping into night-owl habits, staying up way too late then sleeping in)

and i don't blame them for going with smaller orders first.. one would expect the majority of orders were for battlecry's and such, and smaller orders first mean that they can get more out fast.. which given how some of the backers' have been doomsaying about whether they were going to deliver at all, they needed to get as many out as quickly as possible to prove that they are taking this seriously.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

By the numbers they've given, it's more like 1/2 or more, roughly 2,900 boxes.

~2,700 Battle Cry boxes (roughly 1,000 with C2, 1,700+ with C3) and the ~200'ish Core Box only and other random (decals only, Destroid box only) backers.

Unless they added hundreds of backers during the post KS opportunity when they allowed it to happen. By those numbers, it seems either this campaign wasn't very popular internationally, or US backers represented a massive portion of the BC's.
Axoid
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Axoid »

My Showdown arrived yesterday, 23lbs of awesome goodness. Our gaming group is tackling the painting of the 75+ minis we'll need for our big convention game in 2 weeks. We're doing a sprue exchange program, I handed out "X" sprues to each person, and they'll paint the minis for the game (and keep them afterwards), returning to me "X" sprues of the same type I gave them. It's the only way we can have that many minis painted and ready.
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

Axoid wrote:My Showdown arrived yesterday, 23lbs of awesome goodness. Our gaming group is tackling the painting of the 75+ minis we'll need for our big convention game in 2 weeks. We're doing a sprue exchange program, I handed out "X" sprues to each person, and they'll paint the minis for the game (and keep them afterwards), returning to me "X" sprues of the same type I gave them. It's the only way we can have that many minis painted and ready.

clever production you have devised.
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

never got a tracking email was just sitting on my front porch when i got home .
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

My gun does 4d6x1000 MD! There's no way this guy is gonna survive.
-- Famous Last Words of Rifts Players
silvermoon383
Wanderer

Unread post by silvermoon383 »

I'm still waiting on my Battle Cry box, and I was number 406.
JimmyB
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have been gaming since 1977 and GMing since 1986.
If its an RPG or has minis, Its here somewhere.

Unread post by JimmyB »

silvermoon383 wrote:I'm still waiting on my Battle Cry box, and I was number 406.

Hey Silvermoon.

Just some thoughts, since I do not know your situation. I drove to the warehouse
to get mine, because I was moving, and did not know where I would be moving to
until very recently. I was not about to let a change of address card at the
post office control my order. O.o

Anyway, on that note. Have you double checked to make sure your address was correct?

Also, what did you order. They started with Battlecry orders because they are the easiest.
And are working their way up. Showdowns are going to be shipping soon, then Reckless
and then all the really big orders.

Beyond that, you should definitely contact them and see what the status is. The Kickstarter Updates usually have several ways to contact them.
Jimmy B aka Beatleguise
Gaming in the Verse.
Axoid
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Axoid »

JimmyB wrote:
silvermoon383 wrote:I'm still waiting on my Battle Cry box, and I was number 406.

Hey Silvermoon.

Just some thoughts, since I do not know your situation. I drove to the warehouse
to get mine, because I was moving, and did not know where I would be moving to
until very recently. I was not about to let a change of address card at the
post office control my order. O.o

Anyway, on that note. Have you double checked to make sure your address was correct?

Also, what did you order. They started with Battlecry orders because they are the easiest.
And are working their way up. Showdowns are going to be shipping soon, then Reckless
and then all the really big orders.

Beyond that, you should definitely contact them and see what the status is. The Kickstarter Updates usually have several ways to contact them.

I would call the office. They will help you out no problem. I spoke with Mathew, who was able to get my package sorted out.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”