PB stuff

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

PB stuff

Unread post by Kryptt »

I'm hoping wave two of the RRT models aren't so cut up like wave one models. What say you all?

Having checked out Dead Reign I have to say its a very well made book despite the controversy that is associated with it. I don't know about adding hooky things like magic and high tech mecha. I like regular zombie style type of games.

The problem with RRT right now is many want to see the rules. Which is fine an all but I'm more concerned with what the vf models will look like. I'm hoping against hope that the vf doesn't look like the spartan with seams in the front and 30 pieces just for one battloid.

The setting for Chaos Earth is very interesting. Having never played or looked at rifts, I have to say I like what I see so far. Will PB ever realease more CE books? So far it's not much to help out new gm's.

I can't believe Wayne is only showing zent models when were all concerned with the rdf side of the fence. Maybe next week.
rosco60559
Explorer

Re: PB stuff

Unread post by rosco60559 »

Kryptt,

Chaos earth is a cool setting, it's too bad the "new" books have been on pre-order for 10+ years at this point. Thankfully all you need out of rifts is more of the mutants and aliens. Even some of the occ's can cross over easily.

Dead reign is pretty cool, had no idea about that controversy behind it. I agree with you it doesn't need magic and all that extra stuff.

As for rrt, some sort of rules preview might really help quiet some of the backers, as long as they make for a fun game.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

I hope RRT ends up being a fun game. PB should have let ND continue with developing RRT, or if they are I don't see why the cloak an daggers. I can understand why so many backers feel that PB pulled a bait an switch. I wonder how much of the delays fall on HG. They take forever to get anything done like PB. PB should give refunds to backers that want it. It won't get rid of all the discontent, but it should bring it down a bit.

Yeah I'm with you. PB needs to get the other CE books out. I may someday try rifts but I like CE for now.

Glad we agree on DR being awesome. Game on!
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

From Kyrptt in a topic on another section of the forums... [NMI]

Kryptt wrote:Im looking forward to getting my hands on RRT when it finally comes in. Unfortunately it might be a while before I get to finish my squad of YF-4's. Hopefully PB can get wave 2 out before 2015. I couldn't get the zent infantry at the time and now regret it.
Josh Hilden
Adventurer
Comment: Just another **** from Detroit. Please be kind to yourself and each other.

Unread post by Josh Hilden »

Kryptt wrote:Having checked out Dead Reign I have to say its a very well made book despite the controversy that is associated with it. I don't know about adding hooky things like magic and high tech mecha. I like regular zombie style type of games.

There was NO mecha or super science in the Original Dead Reign. Yes there was SOME magic and psionics but having read what's been put out since my first book they've already surpassed the levels I had written into the book.
Josh Hilden

MY LINKS
"The strength of a civilization is not measured by its ability to fight wars, but rather by its ability to prevent them." - Gene Roddenberry
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

That's why I'm not getting any of the sourcebooks. I'm not attacking your work by the way. I get emotion or body language doesn't come thru when posting. I personally like the idea of playing in the style seen in movies minus the powers seen in the RE movies. And thank you for bringing this game to the masses.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”