Tabletops

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Tabletops

Unread post by jaymz »

With all the downside we have seen....maybe we can get to talking bout things other than the minis.

I am starting to look at doing my tabletop

This is what I have done thus far to see how things may look.

http://s18.photobucket.com/user/Demonja ... t=4&page=1

What are you guys doing? What resources are you using? Materials? Sources?

Let's talk the game and not the problems :ok:
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Tabletops

Unread post by bielmic »

Wait... you got the game?? I haven't gotten anything yet other than problems so far. Problems with a lack of communication, problems with time and project management, problems with demo model quality and layout,etc. I've had my board ready since last summer using the Dropzone Commander cityscape set and was anticipating getting my minis in October like the post Kickstarter update said.
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

No I don't have the game I am preparing for it as I have never done 3d tabletop before, only Battletech hexmap sheets.

I can at least use it for 3d Battletech for now and/or use the rules that are out there so far to play. That and make counters/standees for the time being.

Though I thought the DZC stuff was 10mm scale?
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

I have an avenger Hellicarrier I plan on using as well as I have a Games & Gears Battle Board on the way for the 10mm Hawk cityscape. I also have 2 sets of the city scape so that is 40 buildings and 40 1'x1' tiles which I can use for alternate layouts of the city. I know it is a little big, but I don't mind the slight difference. I have 2x Battle Systems ship interiors set on the way as well to use for the Zentradi ships as they are 28mm. About 5x bigger than RRT at 6mm which is the appropriate size. Also it will work well for the Alien Vs Predator game I also have on the way, which is 28mm. Also have my kids 4'x4' train table and the hills and stuff for that to use as well.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Cool :ok:

\m/
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

jaymz wrote:Though I thought the DZC stuff was 10mm scale?

it is, making it close to the "mechwarrior dark age/age of destruction" clix scale. but the size is close enough to 6mm that the building just look like they had an odd architect, not really wrong. you basically have to get used to doors and windows that look 10ft tall.

a pic from a guy over at the main battletech forums showing scale vs a old sculpt warhack and a new Septicemia.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/ ... 9c4836.jpg
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

You could just copy the image and rescale. someone already did that which is where I got the building in the album above. Takes a little more work but gets the right scale :)

\m/
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

I've got a 6 x 4 space mat (felt with stars and a nebula on it) for those games. For city battles, I plan to get a Dropzone Commander Buildings/City box, have some trees/rocks coming in from a (now very late) kickstarter, a bunch of Dwarven Forge dungeon tiles (which will suit me fine for 'rough hewn caverns') and am backing their current Caverns campaign (natural caverns). Also have some Terraclips which probably don't fit terribly well, but hell, if I'm looking for something to spice things up, those are totally options.

I also have friends with fairly extensive collections of wargaming terrain from their Warhammer days. As with most of my stuff, not in the right scale, but none of us are anal retentive enough for it to be an issue. Also a bunch of Monsterpocalypse buildings, those could look pretty snazzy too.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i've got 2ft by 2ft half inch thick MDF squares i'm going to spray paint with urban blocks on one side, and green rural terrain on the other. i'll be making buildings from found objects (mostly plastic containers), which i paln to suppliment with some laser cut building kits when i get a chance to buy some.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”