Backers get ignored

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Re: Backers get ignored

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

ShadowLogan wrote:w/re to the sculpts. The question though has to be considered at what level of approval where the sculpts at when those approvals where announced. We know from the RPG proper that once it gets vetted through Palladium it has to go to HG for approval. I can't see why that would be any different, so we may only have seen the "approval" at one level and not the other.

Now, with respect to the readiness and approval status of the "sculpts"... I've been talking to friend of my brother's who works for Privateer Press, and he pointed out something that made good sense here.

Now, I'll admit I don't have a clue which design process Ninja Division is using, but it's possible that all the "sculpts" that Palladium said Harmony Gold had signed off on were the initial, one-piece sculptures used in refinement of the mini's design before they sit down to work out how they're going to break it up for casting as a multi-part plastic model. That would mean all the prototyping they're still doing is dividing up those designs into individual, pose-able parts for a sprue that still assembles and looks natural.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

Larry A wrote:DId you have a point SK?

That, while I generally agree with the common perception that Palladium is "stretched the truth" about the status of RRT, there is a possibility, however slight, that they may have simply caused confusion with a vague, but honest, progress report.

It sort of reminds me of the mess surrounding Alan Letz's statements at Harmony Gold about the Macross rights lawsuits circa 2001... he said they didn't affect Harmony Gold, but thanks to some context he'd omitted, his remarks ultimately did more to confuse the fans than clarify matters.

Larry A wrote:Or is this just trying to sort of, kind of, maybe, imply that HG has to reinspect everything done at every stage of the process?

Yes and no? I doubt Harmony Gold would inspect absolutely everything every time something changed in the design, but it would not surprise me or strike me as unreasonable if Harmony Gold wanted review and approvals over the basic design AND the completed mini... which would explain why they've already been approved once but need a second bout of approvals before release.

Larry A wrote:That would actually be good news for backers, since it means that HG would shut down Palladium's current mini selection as displayed at GAMA, because they look like crap and with all the seams showing, they darn sure don't look like stuff from the shows.

My suspicion is that Harmony Gold has not rejected the models shown at GAMA, but simply has not given the finished miniatures the go-ahead for release... and that the previously-mentioned approvals were for the basic, one-piece sculptures the minis were to be made from.

(So there's still a possibility that HG is going to look at the finished minis, look carefully across the table at Palladium and Ninja Division's reps, and let their carefully maintained professional demeanor dissolve into a Tourette's-like outburst of verbal abuse.)

Larry A wrote:BTW, other than the one and only possible actual ND design we've seen (Regult Battlepod), there will be no variation in poses without rebuilding the miniature. Why? Because of the way the sculpts have been cut up so much and in the wrong places.

For real?

(Why do we not have a "disbelieving horror" smiley?)
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Well, the front page still helpfully tells us that the first wave should ship to backers in early June, so hey, just 2 more months and we'll have other things to talk about, like the rules, and the actual figures (no blurry images or hastily re-re-reassembled mechs), all bared for the world to see.

If it's truly as mouth wateringly 98% final scrumptious as we've been led to believe, that oughta nip any further shenanigans in the bud immediately.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

I'll believe anything when I actually see it. Until then it is not worth getting the heart rate up over.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Speaking of backers who are feeling ignored; for those frustrated backers who would like a refund, a backer has started a page to bring likeminded individuals together:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/761565887187497/

Best of luck. It's not for me, but I hope you can finally get the refund you want and move on.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”