Suggestions for RRT communicating and production.

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Suggestions for RRT communicating and production.

Unread post by Jorel »

Attempting to start some dialog so here is a starter...
What are the top 5 questions the community here would like to ask PB after the most recent 2 updates on the Robotect RPG Tactics Kickstarter page?
What are 5 suggestions we'd like to see based on what we were shown and told in the last 2 updates there?

Let us get a positive dialog started and make it constructive and maybe we can provide them with some cohesive feedback. Take the most common answers by different posters and come up with a top 10 for each.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Re: Suggestions for RRT communicating and production.

Unread post by Kryptt »

1) Can PB reengineer the parts so we get different poses with less parts?
2) Can PB have more interaction with the backers on the ks page?
3) Can PB allow folks with honest opinions post on their forums without favoritism or backlash from the mods?
4) Can PB please reengineer all the models and instead give us miniatures?
5) Can PB please redo the parts breakdown of the vf-1? Make the nose one piece.
6) Can PB make product that will give us miniatures with parts for a separate foot, and one piece legs that bend at the knee?

As you can see I'm more concerned about the models themselves than any gameplay rules. That can be fixed later. The models not so much.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

actually the list was sent out in the AM but if you commented on the KS pages or the FB pages then it was included. There is list on the KS pages of what the final submitted questions look like.

"The Devil's among us!
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Would PB do a poll of the backers to find out what percentage want Miniatures and what percentage want Models? They are not the same thing. I personally need miniatures, at least as sturdy as my 40k stuff, not showcase models. I am hoping my RTT minis see a lot of action at the table instead of sitting on a shelf.

If the goal is to create minis, would PB consider retooling the KS so they can design easy-to-assemble minis made of the right materials and resetting the delivery date of the whole KS to sometime in late 2015? AKA, throw a date far enough out that even if something goes wrong, they will still easily hit the new predicted date? AKA, Christmas 2015?

Under the KS rules, is PB allowed to create some sort of "pledge trade" system where people who don't want to wait until 2015 could sell/trade their pledge to someone else who missed out on the KS and now wants in?

Would PB reconsider the frightening idea of splitting the KS into two deliveries and thus doubling their postal costs which will devour their profits which endangers any future production, but instead just deliver high quality goodies in one package, even if that package arrives in late 2015?
Steve Carroll
D-Bee

Unread post by Steve Carroll »

The Kickstarter is already split into two waves for delivery now.
One of the Creative Minds behind the Blocker Combat Robot!
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Steve Carroll wrote:The Kickstarter is already split into two waves for delivery now.

And that's a disaster. Postal costs are huge, they will devour capital necessary to launch the game after the KS is delivered to the backers. Without capital, how is PB supposed to do the pre-orders for the game stores? Or advertise the game?

Of the many problems with the KS, the double delivery is the one that worries me the most.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

If they manage to fire off wave one in time, then presumably they'll have plenty on hand for Gencon.

Taking in full MSRP from con attendees with piles of disposable income is pretty lucrative, so I'm guessing that's a big part of it.

Which in turn would make it interesting to see how things go if they don't make Gencon, because that recently updated "July, maybe June" delivery target still isn't very far off.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Forar wrote:Taking in full MSRP from con attendees with piles of disposable income is pretty lucrative, so I'm guessing that's a big part of it.

We will see. That's a scary gamble.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

It didn't help matters either when he threw the DR writer under the bus. Talk about calling the kettle black.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

I don't think Kevin is entirely in charge of RRT. I think Wayne handles a good lot as does Jeff. I do think Kevin's main focus is likely on getting Northern Gun 2 done and not really focused on RRT, or may not even know about the questions asked of the backers or if/how they were answered.

"The Devil's among us!
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

That may be the case.

But we get 'murmurs' and 'newsletters' with info before we get updates pretty commonly, and his name is all over those, so deserved or not, he's acting as the primary source of information on some weeks, and that includes a lot of comments that indicate more being done for the project on PB's side than originally anticipated.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

And if he knows less about it than Wayne and Jeff, do you really think he should be the one putting fires out? What if he can't tell it is a grease fire and puts water on it?

"The Devil's among us!
Kryptt
Adventurer
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Well then it seems that a lack of strong leadership is part of the problem. Whatever happened to this weeks update? Oh I forgot in the latest murmur the nurgle excuse went into play.
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

I really need to get a job at Palladium. My entire life during every job I've just had to soldier on despite sickness and still do the work required of me regardless. I don't get to delay the fruits of my labor for months on end due to a cold, allergies, toe fungus, upset stomach, etc.
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”