Post Release Return/Replacement Policy

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Re: Post Release Return/Replacement Policy

Unread post by Kryptt »

I'm sure they will. One guy already got a refund thru his bank this afternoon.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

My recommendation is to ask them directly, the relevant contact information is linked to in my signature.

In general I've not heard of there being problems with Palladium's return policies on their existing product lines.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Asterios
Explorer

Unread post by Asterios »

Yeah I'm curious about this too since the current designs will not come out great on the sprue and curious if they will have product to replace it or what ?
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

You are assuming that there will be problems with bad plastic/parts/construction and that the final product will be done incompetently.

However, I have sent your question direct to Kevin, Wayne and Alex as well as a link to the topic.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

NMI wrote:You are assuming that there will be problems with bad plastic/parts/construction and that the final product will be done incompetently.

It's made in China - The likelihood is high that at least 1 sprue will make it through quality control
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

I think it is a very valid question and a realistic thing to assume with millions of parts being produced there will be some erring in there somewhere. It would be smart of PB to address these issues and do it on the Kickstarter page as people really are wanting these kinds of answers over there. It would go a long way toward quelling some of the disquiet if people see that PB has plans to deal with the things they see as issues.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Asterios
Explorer

Unread post by Asterios »

NMI wrote:You are assuming that there will be problems with bad plastic/parts/construction and that the final product will be done incompetently.

However, I have sent your question direct to Kevin, Wayne and Alex as well as a link to the topic.

Actually NMI I have worked in ABS plastic and from what I have seen of the Spartan designs and the VF-1 designs, there will be a high return rate on these minis due to product being warped and short shot.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Welcome to the forums Larry. Enjoy.

"The Devil's among us!
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

As a miniatures fan, I know this is an absolute concern.

Citadel/Games Workshop (whether you love'em or hate'em) creates great models most of the time, but there have been boxes with missing sprues, half melted sprues, and other weird anomalies that occur in mass plastics production. Not by anyone's malice or incompetence, just by the involvement of machines in the process doing the making and the packing. It happens.

Mods, please don't be so defensive on this one. The hardest of the hard core 40k devotees know that GW's production line isn't 100% perfect 100% of the time. It happens to FFG with their boardgame pieces too, something their most loyal fans would also admit. This isn't some slam on PB. This is a very legit concern.
calto40k
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Jack Chriax: RPA Pilot, Killing Machine, Samuel Jackson Impersonator?

Unread post by calto40k »

Spinachcat wrote:As a miniatures fan, I know this is an absolute concern.

Citadel/Games Workshop (whether you love'em or hate'em) creates great models most of the time, but there have been boxes with missing sprues, half melted sprues, and other weird anomalies that occur in mass plastics production. Not by anyone's malice or incompetence, just by the involvement of machines in the process doing the making and the packing. It happens.

Mods, please don't be so defensive on this one. The hardest of the hard core 40k devotees know that GW's production line isn't 100% perfect 100% of the time. It happens to FFG with their boardgame pieces too, something their most loyal fans would also admit. This isn't some slam on PB. This is a very legit concern.

GW will actually send you a full box of the missing sprues if you call and let them know... I know this due to missing some knights and infantry from an empire battalion box
Member of the Modern Cabal of 24

The stupid it burns it burns us preciouses

We are Legion and we will be heard
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Bummer

"The Devil's among us!
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

I know Wyrd requires a little information (box name and identifying number from a tag within, I think) but they send off parts to people who have boxes that were missing them.

Here? No idea. I'd like to think that they'd help any one (backer or retail purchase alike) with errors or omissions, but without a clear cut policy in place (and they really do need to establish one in the next few months, rather than try to play catchup, because there *will* be things missing once boxes start going out to retail and backers) it's not easy to say one way or the other.
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

Forar wrote:Here? No idea. I'd like to think that they'd help any one (backer or retail purchase alike) with errors or omissions, but without a clear cut policy in place (and they really do need to establish one in the next few months, rather than try to play catchup, because there *will* be things missing once boxes start going out to retail and backers) it's not easy to say one way or the other.

If it goes like Robotech things here recently and you post a question thread about it, someone will tell you that you should have expected a miscast/missing sprue because it's Robotech and Palladium and that you should have known better to set your expectations so high. Right after that, someone else will tell you that the missing sprue isn't the problem but rather your attitude is and that you're just ignoring the opportunity Palladium gave you for battle damaged conversions. A day after you start it, another person will lock the thread and issue you a warning because you've got nothing constructive to say about miscast/missing pieces that didn't get proper QA despite massive delays. The above of course is theoretical and just one man's opinion based on how things have been going here for months.
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Dude, you almost owed me a new monitor.

Gotta warn a person before you unleash humour of that magnitude.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Any word as to if they will bother to put an official policy in place or is it business as usual and just not bother and do everything off the cuff as it comes?
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Not that I've seen/heard.

But then again, barely any forumers visit this subforum. Barring a report of misbehaviour, I doubt many of the staff do either. Probably have to email them directly to get any attention.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Indeed, questions regarding Palladium's refund and return policy, should be voiced to Palladium directly. See the links in my signature for more details.

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Well, to be clear, this isn't just about refunds or returns, but sprues that are missing pieces. A much smaller issue (literally and figuratively), where simply knowing that if one of my figures is missing, say, its left leg, that getting replacement pieces sent over follows a simple procedure and will be done in a timely fashion.

No matter how good the production facility, no matter how good the QA people, things will slip between the cracks. Having a policy in place to know that such issues will be mere minor bumps in the road would be reassuring.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

I think it kinda seems silly to act like they wouldn't handle faulty parts like that. I think it would be good of them to let everyone know they have a policy in place. I think what Jeff was suggesting was if you want anything to get noticed by the staff your best option is to contact them directly and not just post about it on the FotM, the KS Comments, the Facebook or whatever other public options are out there.

"The Devil's among us!
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Spinachcat wrote:As a miniatures fan, I know this is an absolute concern.

Right on mate. Citadel, even with all their time and experience, had absolutely horrid problems when they were first rolling out "finecast."
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Jorel wrote:I think it would be good of them to let everyone know they have a policy in place.

Personally, that's all I'm asking for.

I think what Jeff was suggesting was if you want anything to get noticed by the staff your best option is to contact them directly and not just post about it on the FotM, the KS Comments, the Facebook or whatever other public options are out there.

*shrug* There's no reason people can't do both. Hell, run with it man, go let them know! Spread the word far and wide!
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Wayne has stated they aren't even reading the KS comments so you are talking to yourself on that forum. Kevin looks at facebook occasionally, so that is basically a dead end as well. Clearly Jefffar is reading these comments as part of his job as a mod, I would assume. So I don't think the staff at Palladium are reading this forum either. At the end of the day you are just venting on all those fronts and if you really want to get noticed...there are easy ways to get direct answers. Just not publicly.

"The Devil's among us!
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

*shrug* As I said, I'll chat with people as I see fit, and if I really want to get in touch, I know their contact details.

Or I'll wait for you to corral the backers and do it for us. I mean, either way, the word gets out. If the backers are providing information at length and they can't be bothered to glance through what is said, that's not my fault. If it's important, sure, we should speak up, but for day to day chatter, I really doubt PB would be any more likely to respond or take my input if I mailed them 15 times a week with minor thoughts and suggestions.

And I really shouldn't need to. Unless they want to pay me as a consultant, it's not my job to collect data, do market research, and compile info for them. I'm a backer, not a volunteer. If I choose to voluntarily go out of my way to toss them a heads up or seek further clarification, that's my choice, but it's not a requirement of backing. I did my part (and then some) when the campaign ended and again when the pledge manager concluded.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Not for nothing but shouldn't this be something already laid out and made official somewhere as opposed to individuals having to contact them directly about it?

Just sayin'
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Probably. And for all we know it's been worked out since sometime in 2012.

But as we've learned, one shouldn't take anything for granted with this project.

It's totally worth asking, but given that we're still 4 months from wave one's delivery, it's also not exactly a highly pressing matter either. Until products are delivered, there's nothing to have missing.

Hell, I'll bet they already dealt with it with Max and Miriya, meaning they at least had to make something work for that. Going forward with an actual policy shouldn't be a Herculean task from there.
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

jaymz wrote:Not for nothing but shouldn't this be something already laid out and made official somewhere as opposed to individuals having to contact them directly about it?

Just sayin'

It is easier to unilaterally alter a deal/policy when done in a relatively private one on one interaction rather than something publicly posted simultaneously to 5,000+ folks.
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Until someone says they have issue with misshapen parts or missing parts and then them being denied replacement parts by Palladium, like they are denying refunds currently, I'm not gonna worry about it. They aren't scamming people.

"The Devil's among us!
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

So you don't think proactive actions are a good idea? That having policies in place before you need them rather than after is something to strive for?

That... that actually makes a lot of sense.
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

Jorel wrote:Until someone says they have issue with misshapen parts or missing parts and then them being denied replacement parts by Palladium, like they are denying refunds currently, I'm not gonna worry about it. They aren't scamming people.

No one is accusing them of scamming anyone. There is some logic to devoting efforts to preventing a fire rather than trying to put one out after it is started though...
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

However, as was raised, if you want to find out information about Palladium's Refund and Return policy, communicate with them through the link in my signature.

Similarly, if you want to communicate to them suggesting they make a public statement about that policy, you should do so through the link in my signature.

Palladium has always viewed these boards as primarily a way for Fans to communicate with other Fans. As such the actual staff presence on these forums (and I am not staff, for the record) is limited. Communications between Palladium and its customers is primarily to be handled directly betwen the customer and Palladium through the channels that are linked to in my signature.

Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

That is all I was getting at. No need to put words on me like the insulting stuff Forar keeps acting like I mean.

"The Devil's among us!
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Truly I am the meanest.

Well Larry, good luck with your email to Palladium asking them about their replacement/return policies. Be sure to share them with us, I mean, assuming it takes them more than a couple days to get them tucked somewhere accessible on the site.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Takes a lot to be the meanest. You have a long ways to go. Continue and try all you want.

"The Devil's among us!
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

As always, I appreciate and cherish your support, you lovable little scamp.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Wait a minute.

There's a "Palladium help desk system", phone, fax, and written letter manners of contacting them, but not a simple email address?

O.o

*prolonged sigh*
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Forar wrote:Wait a minute.

There's a "Palladium help desk system", phone, fax, and written letter manners of contacting them, but not a simple email address?

O.o

*prolonged sigh*

Have you tried the above - phone, fax or written letter?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

are we really stuck in the 80s man? They should have email as a contact point as well. I'm pretty sure that is what he was pointing out. Those other options, though just as valid are rather antiquated.

"The Devil's among us!
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

and then again I'm pretty sure you can easily fax stuff from a computer so I guess maybe Forar should try that.

"The Devil's among us!
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Jorel hits it out of the park.

Having a physical address to send letters but not an email address to send what is now among the most common forms of interpersonal communications is kind of glaring.

Like, should we go check to see if PalladiumBooks@gmail.com is still available? We could have this sorted out in maybe 10 minutes.
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

Having e-mail is a tricky thing for a small business with limited to no IT support.

A SMB Server, which is basically an all in one server, including Exchange can be tricky nonetheless. PB could use a third party like yahoo, gmail, or even a hosted site. Still it could be problematic, but easier to manage. But with PB's policies on what's there's is there's, IP and all. I'd want to host it in house or not at all.

And that's how you get to have no e-mail.
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

Larry A wrote:ROFLMAO. Let's see, IT support? HEY! I have it at home and still have a couple of available email addresses. How about I give Palladium one of those, since obviously NONE of the staff have an email, right?

Seriously, no excuse at all for not having a company email. The place my wife works has zero IT personnel, less employees than Palladium and probably does more business in their little niche market. They have a couple of company emails, plus individual emails for the workers and boss.

I just recalled they do use e-mail periodically (that is how they sent out the NG-1 PDF's). I did a quick search and found this e-mail address for Rifter Submissions: riftersub@palladiumbooks.com I'd expect rifter@palladiumbooks.com is also a viable e-mail and it would get to Wayne.
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Morgan Vening »

It's been almost four weeks since you forwarded this to the people in charge. Glad to see they're on top of things, and lines of communication are open.

And it's not a case of incompetency (at least not in this instance). Any mass-production work is going to have flaws crop up in the manufacturing. They're going to cast at least 25,600 of the Artillery Regult Sprues alone (just for the KS BC's). Obvious flaws might be easily caught (if adequately QC'd), but minor flaws (like a distortion in the peg/hole that joins the torso segment, or disallows the joining of the artillery stem to the rocket pod) could easily slip through the QC process, as you can't check those fits until assembly. Even a 0.1% failure rate could result in hundreds of miscast sprues just in the initial BC print run*. Having a policy in place, and a contact point that doesn't take 4+ weeks to get a response from, seems like a sound strategy.

* We still don't know sprue layouts, but based on the Artillery Regult, I can't see most sprues being less than two per, and see several being 1 per (Glaug, Spartan, probably Phalanx due to experimentals, maybe Veri's, if the rocket options are significant as per Update 133). But even if you go with two per (and Arty's at one), that's 48 sprues per BC, x 6400 listed BC's, or 307,000 sprues (assuming everything but the Arty is paired, which is unlikely), just for the initial KS release. Even with a 0.1% slip rate, that's still 300+ replacements. And we're not even talking full run, if PB want to push this heavy at retail.

NMI wrote:Have you tried the above - phone, fax or written letter?

Written letter, unless it's sent registered mail with a SASO (which is pricy), I can't see having much chance of a response.
Fax is outdated to the point of obsolescence. Sure, I could send one via various internet conversion programs, but again, without a direct fax, little chance of a response.
International phonecalls are out of the question. And honestly, the most disruptive form of communication for people wanting to run a business. Email is the least disruptive, if you keep on top of things (no physical cost, and less immediate disruption if done in batches).
Maximilian Jenius
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Maximilian Jenius »

So are we going to have to write a letter when we get a sprue missing parts?
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

you can fax or call. Don't forget those options from the 60s.

"The Devil's among us!
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Morgan Vening »

Jorel wrote:you can fax or call. Don't forget those options from the 60s.

My Morse is a little rusty, but if I can have their telegraph address,
.... . -.-- --..-- / .--. .- .-.. .-.. .- -.. .. ..- -- .-.-.- / --. . - / .. -. - --- / - .... . / ..--- .---- ... - / -.-. . -. - ..- .-. -.-- .-.-.- / -.-. .- -. / .. / .... .- --.. / .-. . ..-. ..- -. -.. ... / -. --- .-- ..--..
Probably a better chance of a response to that than to an Email.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Exactly

"The Devil's among us!
Kendachi
Wanderer

Unread post by Kendachi »

I can always bust out my semaphore flags or my signaling light...

Smoke signals!
"If a question is not asked, then how can it be ignored?" - NMI

“No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.” - George Bernard Shaw

"Robotech RPG Tactics, the game, will be at Gen Con. For sale. In quantity. There's not much question about that." - Wayne
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Maximilian Jenius wrote:So are we going to have to write a letter when we get a sprue missing parts?

You can phone, fax or use the online form.

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Morgan Vening wrote:
Jorel wrote:you can fax or call. Don't forget those options from the 60s.

My Morse is a little rusty, but if I can have their telegraph address,
.... . -.-- --..-- / .--. .- .-.. .-.. .- -.. .. ..- -- .-.-.- / --. . - / .. -. - --- / - .... . / ..--- .---- ... - / -.-. . -. - ..- .-. -.-- .-.-.- / -.-. .- -. / .. / .... .- --.. / .-. . ..-. ..- -. -.. ... / -. --- .-- ..--..
Probably a better chance of a response to that than to an Email.

Fun fact, according to the forum rules, we consider the following as spam:

languages other than ENGLISH without providing an "accurate and true translation" for everyone else to read and understand. Yes, this includes l337

It would also include other codes as well.

Now fortunately I've found a translation on line, which brings us to these suggestions on what qualifies as harassment

name calling, mockery and mean spirited posts

As those in this thread have been directed how to get the answer they need, and at this point seem to only be interested in mocking Palladium. The thread is now locked.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”