Release date

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Randomfist
Explorer

Release date

Unread post by Randomfist »

What was the original date of release for the packages for people who ordered during the kickstarter? I seem to remember it was November of 2013 but I'm not 100% sure.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Re: Release date

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Randomfist wrote:What was the original date of release for the packages for people who ordered during the kickstarter? I seem to remember it was November of 2013 but I'm not 100% sure.
it was november, then December... today they posted pics of Prototypes that aren't even ready to be molded... I'm looking forward to seeing them in stores in June, maybe July.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Maybe 3rd qrt in time for gen con. Depending on who you ask you'll get many different answers. Yes the day after the ks ended it was said that maybe we might get our models in oct. As others have pointed out it takes time to get all the extra models we unlocked to get approved by HG and then to work out the manufacturing details. Both of these take up lots of time to get done right so it will come when it's ready to come out. It's been said maybe in February but it seems unlikely at this point with Chinese New Year fast approaching. All we can do now as backers is wait in patience till we receive our big boxes of plastic crack.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

They are targeting spring though It may be later and into the august as Kryppt indicated.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Randomfist
Explorer

Unread post by Randomfist »

Thanks for the responses guys.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Yeah. Apparently the backers are supposed to have a better idea of the timeline (tentative and vulnerable to snags as it may be) soon, but Q1 seems to be highly unlikely, Q2 possible, Q3 seems highly likely barring catastrophic issues arising (they definitely don't want to miss Gencon in August).

At this point I'm cautiously optimistic to have my crate of figures in hand sometime in Q2 and hope to see the first wave on store shelves in late Q3 (August/September, likely after said convention), but recognize that we're not working from a complete picture.

Though I'd be leaning towards later rather than earlier unless they've got some really good news coming up.

Hell, I'd caution against too much optimism even if we do get good news.

Edit: to be specific, the original release target was December 2013 for backers to get their boxes. The day after the campaign ended, that was amended to "maybe October or November", which later became "fall 2013", then December, then January, then February, then "we don't have a solid date at the moment and don't want to speculate". Which is kind of telling unto itself.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

The Relic Knights campaign (which was run by Soda Pop Miniatures, who make up part of Ninja Division) just sent out an update noting that the facility they use is starting to wind down for Chinese New Year, which is a 2-3 week holiday for pretty much the entire country. It's also noted by several people with experience with this phenomenon that there's usually maintenance to be done leading up to firing everything back up, which basically leaves the entire month of February at a standstill.

So there probably won't be any progress on the production end until around spring, and even then it'll depend on what slot they get with the factory they're using, as there might be other projects in the works that take priority for whatever reason (been in the queue longer, paid for expedited service, whatever).

Personally, I'll assuming that Q1 is a complete wash, Q2 depends on a lot of things going right. Mid Q3 (in time for Gencon) is likely a target they'll fight tooth and claw to avoid missing, but many people think Q4 2014 or sometime in 2015 is more likely and I can't fault them for that.

Hopefully we'll get an update today or tomorrow to shed more light on the matter. I'm expecting bad news whenever it comes out, but remain cautiously optimistic that they'll soon have a light at the end of the tunnel.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”