Robotech® RPG Tactics™: Design an Ace Contest

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kendachi
Wanderer

Re: Robotech® RPG Tactics™: Design an Ace Contest

Unread post by Kendachi »

Hey, jazz hands has infected many a person...

... hm, now I have a new zombie for my games.

Me: You see another zombie, it appears to be waving its hands in some sort of distracting motion.

My Players: :shock:
"If a question is not asked, then how can it be ignored?" - NMI

“No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.” - George Bernard Shaw

"Robotech RPG Tactics, the game, will be at Gen Con. For sale. In quantity. There's not much question about that." - Wayne
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

from the recent press release...

Kevin Siembieda wrote:UPDATE: Robotech® RPG Tactics™

The rule book is laid out and has gone through final proofreading and we’re waiting to get the final, corrected version from Ninja Division so we can get Harmony Gold’s approval. Likewise, the 130+ data cards are going through final editing and proofreading by Jeff Burke. Final packaging should be done soon and also sent to Harmony Gold for final approval. Everything is looking fantastic. Once everything is finalized, we send it in to Harmony Gold for their stamp of approval (and any changes). After Harmony Gold signs off, we send it all in to manufacturing! Can hardly wait.

Ship date remains undetermined pending the final manufacturing schedule. Though we’d love to see a December 2013, release, it is looking more and more like Robotech® RPG Tactics™ will not arrive at the Palladium warehouse until sometime in January, 2014.

Reminder: Palladium Books will be demonstrating the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ game all weekend at the Detroit Fanfare Convention in Dearborn, Michigan, October 25-27.

Convention Exclusive figures of Max and Miriya’s mecha (both in metal) will be available for sale at Detroit Fanfare – we have 100 of each. Sold on a first come, first served basis, while supplies last. These are the same Convention Exclusives sold at Gen Con only Miriya’s mecha is in white metal, not resin. The Harmony Gold Robotech® Tour is also taking place at this gaming and comic book convention, with special guest speakers and giveaways. Please, come on over to join the fun, chat with Palladium creators, meet one of the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ main game designers, Carmen Bellaire, and play in his demos (Saturday only), meet the Robotech® Tour special guest speaker as well as Palladium creators, ask questions, see the game rules and pick-up Palladium products.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

Jorel wrote:from the recent press release...

Are you sure that isn't last week's?
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

bielmic wrote:

This weeks.

Palladium Books® Weekly Update – Oct. 17, 2013

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Shawn Merrow wrote:
bielmic wrote:

This weeks.

Palladium Books® Weekly Update – Oct. 17, 2013

I believe the joke/insinuation is that they're basically interchangeable.

Not to put words in bielmic's mouth, of course. But from his style of posting, that's what I'm taking from it.

But I've been under the impression that these things are produced using a "fill in the blanks" system ever since I started browsing through them.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Correct...I am unsure of when we are dealing with, if ever.

"The Devil's among us!
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

Another weekend, another set of Palladium blackouts regarding the status of this contest. Sigh..
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

I'd guess Harmony Gold is the hold up. If it would make you feel better I can try send Wayne a message to confirm that.

"The Devil's among us!
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again;

It'd make me feel better if Palladium would start volunteering this information, rather than waiting for you to call, facebook, twitter or carrier pigeon them.

Appreciate the hard work, but it's been a stark comparison between the considerable amount of information we received during the campaign, and the dearth of it we've had since it ended. Considering the raw amount of things repeatedly referred to as 'done' or 'final' or 'almost ready', it's surprising how little is being shown off week to week.

Basically, it's admirable that a fan has such passion and a working relationship with the company, but it also really shouldn't be necessary, and it's kind of telling that it is.
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

There are only a few guys there and they are workin their tails off. I'm sure they get mildly annoyed by my persistence, but they don't notice weeks gone by without them posting on the Kickstarter. Also they probably wanted something to post like those pics in the latest one. It is all good to say hey, we know your out there and we're working on it. It is another level to be able to show us they are making progress. The pics went a good way towards some of that. They likely don't have time to address all these concerns when we'd like them addressed. They do eventually try to get there though.

"The Devil's among us!
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Jorel wrote:There are only a few guys there and they are workin their tails off.

Yes, 10-14 hours a day, 7 days a week, according to Update 102 back on July 9th. I imagine it'd be indicative of some pretty massive issues if my team could put in 70-80+ hours per week for up to 3 months and have little to show off.

I mean, we know they've resolved the VEF/1D issue, the YF-4 sculpt and the Pledge Manager (along with time shaking their money makers at Gencon). That still leaves quite a bit on their plate considering 14 weeks have gone by since then.

I sure hope that's not all that has been completed.

I mean "finalized".

Their target is currently "December/January". Between production and shipping time, that means we're still mere weeks away from "look, either it starts getting made or we start eyeing February really closely".

That said, I'm aware that they've also said that Harmony Gold has to sign off on a few last things, and that was to be done in the next week or two, so I'm not expecting a big change up of the status quo until November.

But ye gods, it'd be nice to have a solid info dump/update when that happens. Not this ambiguous "we're all super excited, the sculpts look awesome, and the rules are super tight."

Kevin's a writer. Someone whose work I have enjoyed over the years.

He really needs to embrace "show, don't tell" in these updates.

Edit: also, should we move these threads into the new RRT forum? Condense all the chatter into one place?

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”