Australia 2 Dreamtime

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Australia 2 Dreamtime

Unread post by Preacher »

Is officially cancelled at least for now according to the latest Rifter 28. :(
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Bugger. I wonder if they've let Ben know.

Actually, I'm fairly sure they havn't.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

BTW, did Ben submit a manuscript that ended up rejected/never rewritten/unedited for publication? or is the thing cancelled because there's no manuscript to prepare for publication in the first place.
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Svartalf wrote:BTW, did Ben submit a manuscript that ended up rejected/never rewritten/unedited for publication? or is the thing cancelled because there's no manuscript to prepare for publication in the first place.

I wonder that myself. Australia 1 references 2, which is stupid as 2 still ain't (and probably never will) be out yet.
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
Svartalf wrote:BTW, did Ben submit a manuscript that ended up rejected/never rewritten/unedited for publication? or is the thing cancelled because there's no manuscript to prepare for publication in the first place.

I wonder that myself. Australia 1 references 2, which is stupid as 2 still ain't (and probably never will) be out yet.

We had the intention of doing Rifts Australia 2 but the project was put on the back burner. It is cancelled for now.

Alex Marciniszyn
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

From what we have always heard Australia was submitted as a huge manuscript. Far larger then was expected.
It was edited down to Australia 1 and the rest went on the shelf waiting for editing to make into Australia 2 and 3.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

Maybe some of it could come out in Rifters? We need at least something to make the original book worthwhile.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
Svartalf
Champion

z0b wrote:Maybe some of it could come out in Rifters? We need at least something to make the original book worthwhile.

Forget it... if they won't edit the mammoth to the size of a large book... they are not going to cut it into even smaller bits for rifter publication.

Just makes you wonder at priorities, when you understand that the Australian manuscript is supposed to need fairly little rewriting, and compare that to the unnameable crap that got published in China 2... and the fact that for weeks, the needed chian 3's status was in limbo.
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Nightbreed »

I guess no campaigns in the land down under i guess. :(

Did they say that it's shelved or canceled outright?
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Nightbreed wrote:I guess no campaigns in the land down under i guess. :(

Did they say that it's shelved or canceled outright?

Canceled for now.
Who knows if it's for good or not.

However the last book listed as canceled for now was Africa 2.
It's canceled for good.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Geronimo 2.0 wrote:If they aren't gonna publish it, at least put it online.

They can't put the stuff they say they are going to put online online. :(
-George Orwell
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Mike SSN-723 wrote:So this stuff was written up not in-house? How about if the guys that submitted the material posted it online? Or is there some kind of agreement that prevents that from happening?

He was a freelancer as are most of the Palladium writers.

Yep.
Once he sends it in it's Palladium's to do with as they please.
-George Orwell
grandmaster z0b
Champion

grrrr :x maybe I should publish my ideas for the dreamtime on the web then.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Yep. Doomie got it right, but don't let it go to your tin head Doomie. ;)~

Ben ended up submitting a huge manuscript, and when Kevin finally read it, he loved 95% of it. So rather then scrapping most of it, it was to be edited into 2, possably 3 books.

So yeah, Palladium basically have neutered the Australian section of their Rifts setting, by not publishing at least Rifts Australia : The Dreamtime. It's only half a setting. Still playable, but not complete.
Eureka!
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Oh, I forgot one thing. Maryann has said in the past that the two remaining books still need a fair amount of editing.

Think of it this way. Ben submitted a huge manusctipt. Keven decided to cut it up into three books. He edited one and published that, but he has the rest to work on, as he took parts from here, more from there, a little from the middle...... So he has to reconstruct it into something that resembles a book.

At least, thats my take on it.
Eureka!
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

LordRashagoth wrote:lame lame lame lame lame lame how many times are they going to do this?

Maybe they are canning rifts and moving on to splinters :P lets list the promises they have canceled!

Rifts Lumeria
Rifts Japan2
Rifts Africa 2
Rifts Aussieland 2 & 3

thats just what i can think of off the top of my head geez all of them are needed but alias so many thoughts down the drain, I am getting rather annoyed at all of this.

Come on Palladium get off your duffs and works on this teasers, until i see them hit the shelves my excitement and money spending will be ummm just like those books cancelled.

and it's interesting. of the 4 you list, all but africa have been commented on by palladium staff as the material being there, but just not edited into a final book format. come on, PB, assign a freelancer the job or something, but if you got most of the material already, why not use it?
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Geronimo 2.0 wrote:If they aren't gonna publish it, at least put it online.

I agree... it would be nice if palladium put more stuph online, especially if they're nae actually going to USE it.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Svartalf
Champion

LordRashagoth wrote:
I am actually shocked that Rifts: china 2 actually came out!

Don't jump out of your pants yet..When China 1 came out, it was made clear that the stuff was to be published over 3 books.

Then China 2 came out. Full of evil, bad, inconsistent (at least with the rest of the Palladium range) and probably hard to use in practice without some heavy modification and house rulezing, crap. But some of the material they had promised to put in wasn't there. And with Erick going back to China, the status of China 3 was held in limbo for weeks.

Now the thing is officially announced, scheduled "tentative november release" ... and PB's deadline accuracy is notorious... I'll be happy if I see it before June 2005, and overjoyed if it should be available for Xmas.
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Svartalf wrote:
LordRashagoth wrote:
I am actually shocked that Rifts: china 2 actually came out!

Now the thing is officially announced, scheduled "tentative november release" ... and PB's deadline accuracy is notorious...

Don't hold your breath, but they've been saying that for Oz 2 & 3 for several years, and who knows how many other books we still havn't seen...
Eureka!
grandmaster z0b
Champion

I presume one of the problems is that as a RPG, all the editing really needs to be done by one or two people to maintain game balance (not that this really happens in Palladium books) so they can't just hire another person to edit them. This is a problem that really needs to be addressed, as an avid buyer of Palladium books, especially Rifts, I don't think I'm going to be buying any new books until I'm happy with their commitment to their fanbase - especially as an Australian.

Return to “Rifts®”