Whats the best way to make a TW Power Armor?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

GBAnnihilator
Wanderer

Whats the best way to make a TW Power Armor?

Unread post by GBAnnihilator »

My Annihilator GB: The wires and mechanisms inside are what the magic runs through and turns the pilot to mush, so I stripped it all out, except for the drills and thruster system. I implanted a 13 talisman matrix into the chest piece, and carved in areas for wires to let the magic power the enchantments throughout the armor. The thruster system is enchanted with fuel flame and impervious to fire. The souls of the boots are enchanted with Carpet of Adhesion. The Mass Driver/Boom Gun is powered by a mystic energy converter. The GB shells have an Telekinetic Acceleration crystal as a propellant (which reduces recoil to almost nothing), and three Annihilation crystals surrounded by cushioning (so they don't explode in the chamber). The armor is enchanted with Armor of Ithan, and Supernatural Strength for the pilot. The minor electronics are powered by Energy Bolt (helmet HUD, ect).
Also, three Annihilation crystals mean (2d4x300) and (4d6x30).
“He's not a killer. He just wins... Thoroughly”--Graff
"You tried to kill me! You couldn't even kill my boredom!"--Zoro
"Don't Believe in the Me who Believes in You! Don't Believe in the You who Believes Me! BELIEVE IN THE YOU WHO BELIVES IN YOURSELF!!!" -Kamina
"Time to Toss the Dice!" -Matrim (Mat) Cauthon
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Re: Whats the best way to make a TW Power Armor?

Unread post by rat_bastard »

with gems, know how and a old suit of power armor.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

TO add insult to your victories make it out of chipwell armor then rub some deadboys face in the mud
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

GBAnnihilator wrote:My Annihilator GB: The wires and mechanisms inside are what the magic runs through and turns the pilot to mush, so I stripped it all out, except for the drills and thruster system. I implanted a 13 talisman matrix into the chest piece, and carved in areas for wires to let the magic power the enchantments throughout the armor. The thruster system is enchanted with fuel flame and impervious to fire. The souls of the boots are enchanted with Carpet of Adhesion. The Mass Driver/Boom Gun is powered by a mystic energy converter. The GB shells have an Telekinetic Acceleration crystal as a propellant (which reduces recoil to almost nothing), and three Annihilation crystals surrounded by cushioning (so they don't explode in the chamber). The armor is enchanted with Armor of Ithan, and Supernatural Strength for the pilot. The minor electronics are powered by Energy Bolt (helmet HUD, ect).

I do have to wonder why a TW-converted suit of powered armor would turn a pilot into mush. That doesn't make any sense to me, given the rules.
GBAnnihilator
Wanderer

rat_bastard wrote:with gems, know how and a old suit of power armor.

Upon review, the power armor Techno-Wizard conversion of any Power Armor might be able to work like this; Remove the Micro-Nuclear Power Core and replace that with a Talisman Matrix (a series of linked Talismans in a Circuit Board pattern not to different from a chained series of batteries like those used in some types of Electric Cars but using Talismans instead of batteries) next replace all of the circuits and electrical components in the armor with Techno-Wizard circuits and electrical components capable of using/channeling magical energy instead of electrical. Rework all of the motor parts with Magical ones (i.e. Supernatural Strength instead of Robot Strength by reworking the Hydraulics; basically the same with a Flight System, instead of working on a standard thruster setup it would now run on magical one (use your imagination for the thrust... from a telekinetic system to "push" the armor to a Fly as the Eagle spell focused on the thruster section) all of this is drawing it's magical energy from the Talisman Matrix) and convert the non-missile weapons to techno-wizard equivalents. Lastly switch out all of the other systems with similar techno-wizard enhancements. After the conversion (and only to a limited degree) add in some select magical enhancements (like an Armor of Ithan force-field).
"Don't Believe in the Me who Believes in You! Don't Believe in the You who Believes Me! BELIEVE IN THE YOU WHO BELIVES IN YOURSELF!!!" -Kamina
wyrmraker
Hero

I personally wouldn't go the Full TW Conversion route, but I like blending magic and technology. I never liked having to essentially sacrifice and replace the base utility of the techo-goodie.

And I can't find the Telekinetic Acceleration spell. Sounds like a psi-crystal, but since I don't know the rules for those (I don't think they actually axist), I can't make a call on that. But it sounds like you'll be sacrificing power and range in favor of damage via the Annihilate spell. Which, if I recall, can't be TW-loaded into a projectile (I would use the ruling made on Goblin Grenades from Tolkien). If it can't be loaded into a grenade, I wouldn't allow it into something the size of a Boom Gun shell.

I don't know what your character's resources are, but I would keep the Glitter Boy largely intact. Attach an inertia dampener (from Phase World or Atlantis) to cut out the recoil. Slave the Boom Gun armature to a robot targeting system, and add on large hand-held weaponry. Tack on whatever techno-goodies you feel are necessary for your character's missions.

Only after I got the Glitter Boy up to par technologically would I add on the TW enhancements.
GBAnnihilator
Wanderer

MortVent wrote:
Riftmaker wrote:TO add insult to your victories make it out of chipwell armor then rub some deadboys face in the mud

And remember the gems/runes don't have to be on the outside... it can be made to look like normal armor (see the various ones shown in Anzo)

Magical Tin Can vs Coalition! Who wins?
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

There are a few examples of what TW power armor would be like in the rifts arzno book. I am a big fan of the bunny suit.
wyrmraker
Hero

GBAnnihilator wrote:
MortVent wrote:
Riftmaker wrote:TO add insult to your victories make it out of chipwell armor then rub some deadboys face in the mud

And remember the gems/runes don't have to be on the outside... it can be made to look like normal armor (see the various ones shown in Anzo)

Magical Tin Can vs Coalition! Who wins?

"What is whomever has the better tactics, Alex!"
GBAnnihilator
Wanderer

wyrmraker wrote:I personally wouldn't go the Full TW Conversion route, but I like blending magic and technology. I never liked having to essentially sacrifice and replace the base utility of the techo-goodie.

And I can't find the Telekinetic Acceleration spell. Sounds like a psi-crystal, but since I don't know the rules for those (I don't think they actually axist), I can't make a call on that. But it sounds like you'll be sacrificing power and range in favor of damage via the Annihilate spell. Which, if I recall, can't be TW-loaded into a projectile (I would use the ruling made on Goblin Grenades from Tolkien). If it can't be loaded into a grenade, I wouldn't allow it into something the size of a Boom Gun shell.

I don't know what your character's resources are, but I would keep the Glitter Boy largely intact. Attach an inertia dampener (from Phase World or Atlantis) to cut out the recoil. Slave the Boom Gun armature to a robot targeting system, and add on large hand-held weaponry. Tack on whatever techno-goodies you feel are necessary for your character's missions.

Only after I got the Glitter Boy up to par technologically would I add on the TW enhancements.

Right I'll be back later to scrape up your sludge. In the Tolkeen War multiple TW Power Armor were made that turned the pilot to mush. Magic is to unstable, erratic and does things that aren't supposed to naturally be possible, so when flowing through a beings body/soul it...basically...liquefies it.
Last edited by GBAnnihilator on Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I'm a fan of RMB's classic Mystic Power Armor.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Go to south America. Find an Amaki Gizmoteer who has dualclassed to become a phase mystic.

Force field.
Flight.
Invisibility.
Tk forcefield.
Psi sword.
Super tk.
Pyrokinesis.
Electrokinesis.
Telemechanics.
And what ever Phase powers the Amaki has learned and built gizmos for.

O.o how bought dem apples!!
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

What makes you think Phase Powers are a type of Psionic Power? Psychic powers are not the only things powered by ISP, much like magic spells are not the only things powered by PPE.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Phase Mystics gain psionics also.
In my game they are unique paionic abilities.
Like temporal magic and body hardening are unique nagical abilities.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

say652 wrote:Phase Mystics gain psionics also.
In my game they are unique paionic abilities.
Like temporal magic and body hardening are unique nagical abilities.

Which is a nice house rule, but canon is....vague on if they are psionic, or 'something else'
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Since it's a practitioner of magic class and they are 'mystics' I am inclined to think it is some form of ISP-powered temporal power.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

For the most part that's how it often works, but no. Check out Rifts Japan and Rifts China for some other uses.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

ItsmeYo wrote:For the powers. Invulnerable to psionics and magic.
Imo if something is powered by isp for example it shouldn't hurt some one immune to psionics.

Except that the Chi powers in Rifts China are explicitly NOT psionic, and they are powered by ISP. And then there are psionic powers that don't have ISP costs. So, while its usually accurate ISP=/=Psionic and PPE=/=Magic.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
GBAnnihilator
Wanderer

eliakon wrote:
ItsmeYo wrote:For the powers. Invulnerable to psionics and magic.
Imo if something is powered by isp for example it shouldn't hurt some one immune to psionics.

Except that the Chi powers in Rifts China are explicitly NOT psionic, and they are powered by ISP. And then there are psionic powers that don't have ISP costs. So, while its usually accurate ISP=/=Psionic and PPE=/=Magic.

You can also power TW weapons with ISP and shoot magic fireballs.
Last edited by GBAnnihilator on Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

eliakon wrote:Except that the Chi powers in Rifts China are explicitly NOT psionic, and they are powered by ISP.

Same with the clergy Healer OCC from the original PRPG, something entirely different from the psychic-category Psi-Healer PCC introduced in PFRPG.

The magic spells in Mechanoid Trilogy are also ISP-powered.
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

Tor wrote:I'm a fan of RMB's classic Mystic Power Armor.

I had a bounty hunter who had one of those, he was a blast. Magic Net on tap was nice in his profession.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

:) with magic
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
GBAnnihilator
Wanderer

Has anyone thought of Outlaw Star and their Caster Rounds!? :)
GBAnnihilator
Wanderer

wyrmraker wrote:I personally wouldn't go the Full TW Conversion route, but I like blending magic and technology. I never liked having to essentially sacrifice and replace the base utility of the techo-goodie.

TW's put magic inside of gems on a small ring on your finger, and because TW's are partially psionic they can learn and imbue psionics into a gem/crystal. The GB shell is large enough to hold packing and three small annihilation gems, and the mystic energy converter powers the GB cannon so it doesn't lose range. Now it's max damage is 1200 MDC and if you put a magic shield up your GB has even more than before.
Plus a Phaze World Inertia Dampener (if you can even find it their) would be EXTREMELY EXPENCIVE!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

GBAnnihilator wrote:Has anyone thought of Outlaw Star and their Caster Rounds!? :)

Been there done that.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

GBAnnihilator wrote:

TW's put magic inside of gems on a small ring on your finger, and because TW's are partially psionic they can learn and imbue psionics into a gem/crystal. The GB shell is large enough to hold packing and three small annihilation gems, and the mystic energy converter powers the GB cannon so it doesn't lose range. Now it's max damage is 1200 MDC and if you put a magic shield up your GB has even more than before.
Plus a Phaze World Inertia Dampener (if you can even find it their) would be EXTREMELY EXPENCIVE!

That's an interesting house rule, but its not canon. Officially normal TWs can't put psionics into their devices. As to if you can pack 3 annihilates into a shell....that would be up the GM if they would allow it.

wyrmraker
Hero

GBAnnihilator wrote:

Techno-wizards placing psionic effects in items isn't canon. If it were, I would totally take advantage of that in my game.

Book of Magic, p.328, under Goblin Bombs, it states that the higher the level, the less likely it is capable of being placed into a grenade. I would rule that to be the same for projectiles that act as an explosive charge (such as your Annihilate Boom Gun shells).

As for inertial dampeners, I'm sure that studying captured or purchased Kittani gear is definitely an option. Since it's unprotected from psychic scans by the rules as written, an Operator could easily find the inertial dampeners inside of Kittani-built fighter crafts. Repurposing them for compensating for a Boom Gun's recoil would be possible.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

eliakon wrote:
GBAnnihilator wrote:

That's an interesting house rule, but its not canon. Officially normal TWs can't put psionics into their devices. As to if you can pack 3 annihilates into a shell....that would be up the GM if they would allow it.

It's probably a result of South America 2 and the Gizmoteer and the bizarre labeling of the psi-tech gear as techno-wizard items even though they aren't magical they're psionic products created by a psionic class and techno-wizards explicitly only have the ability to build spells into devices not psionics.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
wyrmraker
Hero

I see now. The SA2 Gizmoteer has the ability to put any psychic powers they have into technology. But that doesn't mean that the Techno-Wizard can do the same. And even if the TW had the same ability, the TW would be limited by the psychic abilities that he/she has. The list, insofar as I am aware, is not variable.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Nightmask wrote:techno-wizards explicitly only have the ability to build spells into devices not psionics.
Although there is the convenient overlap of spells that are also psionics like Astral Projection or See the Invisible. Oracle also seems similar to Clairvoyance.

wyrmraker wrote:The SA2 Gizmoteer has the ability to put any psychic powers they have into technology.
Wondering how long until one manages to get Mind Bleeder powers.

Hypothetically if Gene-Splicers kidnapped a Gizmoteer and made them into a Burster... :)
GBAnnihilator
Wanderer

Tor wrote:
Nightmask wrote:techno-wizards explicitly only have the ability to build spells into devices not psionics.
Although there is the convenient overlap of spells that are also psionics like Astral Projection or See the Invisible. Oracle also seems similar to Clairvoyance.

wyrmraker wrote:The SA2 Gizmoteer has the ability to put any psychic powers they have into technology.
Wondering how long until one manages to get Mind Bleeder powers.

Hypothetically if Gene-Splicers kidnapped a Gizmoteer and made them into a Burster... :)

:lol: Your a jerk :lol: :ok:
Nightmask
Palladin

wyrmraker wrote:I see now. The SA2 Gizmoteer has the ability to put any psychic powers they have into technology. But that doesn't mean that the Techno-Wizard can do the same. And even if the TW had the same ability, the TW would be limited by the psychic abilities that he/she has. The list, insofar as I am aware, is not variable.

Yes, unless you've got a Gene-Splicer or similar involved a TW's psychic powers are quite set and invariable.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

wyrmraker wrote:
GBAnnihilator wrote:My Annihilator GB: The wires and mechanisms inside are what the magic runs through and turns the pilot to mush, so I stripped it all out, except for the drills and thruster system. I implanted a 13 talisman matrix into the chest piece, and carved in areas for wires to let the magic power the enchantments throughout the armor. The thruster system is enchanted with fuel flame and impervious to fire. The souls of the boots are enchanted with Carpet of Adhesion. The Mass Driver/Boom Gun is powered by a mystic energy converter. The GB shells have an Telekinetic Acceleration crystal as a propellant (which reduces recoil to almost nothing), and three Annihilation crystals surrounded by cushioning (so they don't explode in the chamber). The armor is enchanted with Armor of Ithan, and Supernatural Strength for the pilot. The minor electronics are powered by Energy Bolt (helmet HUD, ect).

I do have to wonder why a TW-converted suit of powered armor would turn a pilot into mush. That doesn't make any sense to me, given the rules.

Because GBa has a terrible time remembering what he thinks should be in the books is not, also known as applying house rules and presenting view as canon.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

A GB with Chameleon or invis superior and round that each have silence on them would be more cannon and more utilitarian. Silence on the round not the gun because it's the round that makes the boom not the gun. Silence on the gun... There'd still be a boom as soon as the "bullets" left the sphere. Now if in your game teleport keeps speed then have that on the gun so it can teleport the shot so it comes from any where within range. Not only would this keep the shooters location a secret it can give the illusion there is more than one shooter when used multiple times.
GBAnnihilator
Wanderer

Zer0 Kay wrote:
wyrmraker wrote:

Because GBa has a terrible time remembering what he thinks should be in the books is not, also known as applying house rules and presenting view as canon.

My GM and I looked through the rules to make this legit (no Im not even close to a GM). I haven't play tested the TW GB yet, but have tested it on a regular suit of Gladiator armor so normal humans/d-bees could wear it. OK no they might not get turned to mush, but like in the war on Tolkeen, Tolkeen made multiple TW armors that slowly killed or morphed (something along those lines) the pilot inside. Which is why people don't make that many TW armors anymore.
Nightmask
Palladin

GBAnnihilator wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
wyrmraker wrote:

My GM and I looked through the rules to make this legit (no Im not even close to a GM). I haven't play tested the TW GB yet, but have tested it on a regular suit of Gladiator armor so normal humans/d-bees could wear it. OK no they might not get turned to mush, but like in the war on Tolkeen, Tolkeen made multiple TW armors that slowly killed or morphed (something along those lines) the pilot inside. Which is why people don't make that many TW armors anymore.

I don't remember any such armors in the Tolkeen series, the only armors I know of that warped/morphed the pilots were the ones created by Arhiman that were actually demons disguised as power armors and intended to eventually bond with the wearers to make them high end slave troops for him.

Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

GBAnnihilator wrote:Your a jerk
I own multiple jerks.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

It depends on the theam of the power armor, and how munchkin you want to make it.

The Crazy Het TW SAMAS killer PA is a fling suit of PA with deflect, invincible armor, bound teleport (a teleport spell and magic net teleports 10 feet from the target and an energy tether bind them at close range for 2 minutes or until the Samas killers pilot turns it off. and fuel flames after burners to out run the SAMAS. It is unable to mount ranged weapons and is armed with a TW energy sword that does 1d4X10 MDC.

Then there was the experiments that I had a TW do with the chip well SDC PA with one of the sorceress fury spells turned the suits sdc to MDC.

Another idea requiring high level magic is use the spell create golem to animate it, full restored in 24 hours if you do not remove its heart/nuclear reactor. That provides mobility and SN str. Throw in some TW mini missals for ranged attacks (you can use either high damage AOE or sub particle acceleration for these). Give it a shoulder mounted COA cannon for some CC. I would give it some sort of rail gun as its main weapon. And you can't leave off the armor of ithan spells.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
GBAnnihilator
Wanderer

Blue_Lion wrote:It depends on the theam of the power armor, and how munchkin you want to make it.

The Crazy Het TW SAMAS killer PA is a fling suit of PA with deflect, invincible armor, bound teleport (a teleport spell and magic net teleports 10 feet from the target and an energy tether bind them at close range for 2 minutes or until the Samas killers pilot turns it off. and fuel flames after burners to out run the SAMAS. It is unable to mount ranged weapons and is armed with a TW energy sword that does 1d4X10 MDC.

Then there was the experiments that I had a TW do with the chip well SDC PA with one of the sorceress fury spells turned the suits sdc to MDC.

Another idea requiring high level magic is use the spell create golem to animate it, full restored in 24 hours if you do not remove its heart/nuclear reactor. That provides mobility and SN str. Throw in some TW mini missals for ranged attacks (you can use either high damage AOE or sub particle acceleration for these). Give it a shoulder mounted COA cannon for some CC. I would give it some sort of rail gun as its main weapon. And you can't leave off the armor of ithan spells.

Where is the PPE coming from to power the armors, and how is the pilot (if not a mage) going to survive long periods inside without the magic doing any damage.
wyrmraker
Hero

GBAnnihilator wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:It depends on the theam of the power armor, and how munchkin you want to make it.

Where is the PPE coming from to power the armors, and how is the pilot (if not a mage) going to survive long periods inside without the magic doing any damage.

I'm telling you that it is not canon that TW-converted armor will injure a pilot. I honestly have no idea where you are getting that notion.

The Iron Juggernauts in Tolkeen are a blend of Diabolism and sorcery, not true techno-wizardry. I don't care that they're classified as 'Iron Juggernaut TW combat robot'. The Automatons used by Dwoemer are 'magical, golem-like constructs'.

Seriously, where are you getting that TW powered armors are going to mess up a pilot?
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

By classic cannon I know of nothing saying they do damage to pilot. At one point they said the largest thing a TW can enhance was equal to the big boss ATV, think it was SOT or BoM. Now then A PA is allot smaller than a Big boss ATV, so even if that is a valid limit which given the capital ships in phase world that are TW in nature it may not be valid.

The first TW PA is in the rifts RPG (old main book) the next time was Rifts merc. The listed the common TW modifications as for vehicles and body armor/PA. There are several books that have TW PA including but not limited to Rifts under seas, Anzo, and Black market. They do state that mages other than TW do not like using PA in Anzo but I do not recall anything saying it damages non-mages if you have a direct quote to a page please provide. (note old cannon was non mages/psionics can not use TW devices at all) The fact that they listed TW enhancements for vehicles and PA counters your "implied damage" that I have never seen. Not to mention the whole UWW fleets in phase world.

There are 2 cannon ways to get the PPE if the pilot is not a TW (most other mages will not pilot PA.)
1 PPE batteries.-This is the most common PPE source listed on PA
2 Imprisoned creatures of magic-earliest example is in rifts merc, with demon trapped in the device that posess the pilot. Secondary examples are the Iron juggernauts that where classified as TW constructs (golem like.) with the pilot being imprisoned as well as elementals. But as the pilot was part of the device not what we are going for hear.

Non defined TW power source/reactor starting in source book 1 (possibly revised) and appearing in Anzo to power some vehicles that run on PPE.

Other things might be made by in game TW such as the PPE Bio reactor I have used in a few games.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
GBAnnihilator
Wanderer

wyrmraker wrote:
GBAnnihilator wrote:

I'm telling you that it is not canon that TW-converted armor will injure a pilot. I honestly have no idea where you are getting that notion.

The Iron Juggernauts in Tolkeen are a blend of Diabolism and sorcery, not true techno-wizardry. I don't care that they're classified as 'Iron Juggernaut TW combat robot'. The Automatons used by Dwoemer are 'magical, golem-like constructs'.

Seriously, where are you getting that TW powered armors are going to mess up a pilot?

Ok now that I've gone over the newer books sense CWC, it says people shouldn't die. Though thing still needs a power source to keep the magic working unless the mage/psychic is willing to use his own PPE/ISP.
GBAnnihilator
Wanderer

TW-Glitter Borg! Cyborgs brain downloaded onto a hard-drive inside the G-Borg, so when the brain is downloaded it keeps it's ISP and Psyonic powers. Then the Nuclear Power Core would be replaced by a TW Mystic Generator (rechargable at a Leyline), witch would power the G-Borg and it's TW weapons and modifications.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

For those interested in TW power armors I highly recommend rifts arzno. It has a line of TW powered sets of power armor and vehicles. Most use TW batteries that can be recharged at ley lines/nexus or from other spell casters to power their abilities.
wadou25
D-Bee

Unread post by wadou25 »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
GBAnnihilator wrote:Has anyone thought of Outlaw Star and their Caster Rounds!? :)

Been there done that.

Please elaborate what rules did you use and in what setting i often picture the Bushi federation of phase world as a mix between outlaw star nd cowboy bebop. Space oni!!!!
GBAnnihilator
Wanderer

wadou25 wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

Been there done that.

Please elaborate what rules did you use and in what setting i often picture the Bushi federation of phase world as a mix between outlaw star nd cowboy bebop. Space oni!!!!

Simple, we used TW crystals on the tips of regular rounds. It was easier to use a six shooter, because a clip had more chance to jam and breaking the crystal unleashing the spell inside.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Locked for necro-posting.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.

Return to “Rifts®”