Merge Bio-Mass

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Merge Bio-Mass

Unread post by Tor »

Been reading over this major super power in PU3p78. I am wondering if Bellaire and Siembieda wrote different portions of this thing and then merged it together without taking a close look, because there are some glaring contradictions:

1. "disappears into the body of another .. large animal"
2. "the power is limited to merging with fellow humanoids"
3. "excludes .. animals smaller than your average, medium-sized dog"

So I'm a bit confused here... a dog is not humanoid, can I merge into a large dog or not?

Is it referring to "large animal" humanoids like say... a Gnome?

Page 79 says you can merge THEN use Transferal. Is this the sole exception to the "cannot draw upon .. any of his own additional powers except Merge Bio-Mass" policy?

I am wondering if there could be some tricks here though. You could plausibly use some powers BEFORE merging into a suitable host. Like for example, healing them to full life, or enhancing them via Grant Powers or Power Touch.

Anyone have any other ideas on how to pre-enhance a host using abilities you can no longer access once inside them?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”