Rifter submission question or two

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

James_9653
D-Bee

Rifter submission question or two

Unread post by James_9653 »

Guess its two quick questions I have.

1) how long does a Rifter submission take to be evaluated, ballpark estimation assuming a normal workload.
2) Are you able to confirm a submission was received ? I sent a Rifter/UMA submission a few months back from Canada and I just want to make sure it arrived.

I am sure you get a fair number of submissions and UMA's, so please forgive me if I sound impatient. I just want to make sure its in someones pile somewhere ;)
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Rifter submission question or two

Unread post by auyl »

I'm from Canada myself and I have had difficulty getting submissions snail mailed to the office. I would recommend either emailing or calling Wayne directly and asking him. I just email him my submissions anymore that way I know he gets them. The UMA can be signed, scanned and added to the email as well.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

1. Could be forever up to never.
2. No they wont tell you.

DO NOT expect anything else or youll be disappointed.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Sometimes I learned by going to the Palladium website, looking at a Rifter and seeing my name
listed as one of the authors. No email or any word that my work was accepted. So I get
the surprise of my life. But there is nothing more thrilling then seeing your name on the web
site and later on in print. If your going to submit, do so because your a fan of Palladium and
want to share an idea. That's as far as you should take it if your submitting to the Rifter or
else you might get disappointed and frustrated. Do it for fun and pure enjoyment. Writing for
the Rifter is not like writing for other sci-fi magazines or fanzines. Just a different sort of
mentality. If you submit, good luck to you and I hope to welcome you to the club :D
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

James_9653 wrote:Guess its two quick questions I have.

1) how long does a Rifter submission take to be evaluated, ballpark estimation assuming a normal workload.
2) Are you able to confirm a submission was received ? I sent a Rifter/UMA submission a few months back from Canada and I just want to make sure it arrived.

I am sure you get a fair number of submissions and UMA's, so please forgive me if I sound impatient. I just want to make sure its in someones pile somewhere ;)

2) Registered mail. (the type they have to sign for and you get a notification from the post service that is was signed for.)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
James_9653
D-Bee

Well coming up on a year after my submission and I have yet to hear anything. Even sent a second copy via email with no response. I think it might be time for me to move on from Palladium Books/Rifter submission work given their level of "service".

To quote Douglas Adams "So long, and thanks for all the fish".
Lori
Wanderer

Unread post by Lori »

James_9653 wrote:Well coming up on a year after my submission and I have yet to hear anything. Even sent a second copy via email with no response. I think it might be time for me to move on from Palladium Books/Rifter submission work given their level of "service".

To quote Douglas Adams "So long, and thanks for all the fish".

This is typical.

If you receive a response you're one of the lucky ones, or your writing is really "good" stuff. From what I know about it, it also seems to help if they meet you in person (such as at a PoH) among a few other factors...

You can always just give them a call... Though that doesn't always work either.

Best of luck.
James_9653
D-Bee

Well since Palladium won't print this, I figured I would post it for the world to see.

Enjoy!

http://riftshawaii.weebly.com/

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”