Space Rune Weapons

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

LostOne
Champion

Space Rune Weapons

Unread post by LostOne »

I know there are some in Rifter 10. Anywhere else?

Also is there any random-roll tables for creating new Rune Weapons randomly?

Lastly, any spell suggestions for weapons for a space setting other than in Rifter 10?

Looking for inspiration, I feel if I go pick stuff on my own I tend to stick to patterns my players have learned to predict. I'm stuck in my ways for what things I feel are useful and aren't. :)
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Space Rune Weapons

Unread post by eliakon »

LostOne wrote:I know there are some in Rifter 10. Anywhere else?

Also is there any random-roll tables for creating new Rune Weapons randomly?

Lastly, any spell suggestions for weapons for a space setting other than in Rifter 10?

Looking for inspiration, I feel if I go pick stuff on my own I tend to stick to patterns my players have learned to predict. I'm stuck in my ways for what things I feel are useful and aren't. :)

The spells in Rifter 10 are pretty powerful.
They were mostly toned down and replaced with new versions in Fleets of the Three Galaxies which is where I would suggest going for space spells.
Technological spells can be found in Rifter 3, Rifter 49, Mercenary Adventures, And there is a tech version of create scroll in Nightbane.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Thanks, some cool spells there.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Rifter #10. Don't have it can't comment.

Re Random Rune Weapon Table. No, not that I have ever seen, but depending on what you are looking for it wouldn't be to difficult.

Spells for a space setting other than Rifter #10. Fleet of the 3 Galaxies has Space Magic. Phase World has a variety of stuff detailed in conjunction with the United Worlds of Warlock in the setting. TW Bottled Demon Missiles can be nasty if I'm reading them correctly.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”