How do you see a PhaseWorld/3 galaxy,s movie?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

How do you see a PhaseWorld/3 galaxy,s movie?

Unread post by gaby »

How do you see a Phase world/3 Galaxy,s movie?

Well I see a crew of a CCW,s Explorer ship,in a race with a TGE,s Warlord to find artfact that can open a wormhold to Phase world allowing the TGE to invade the homeworlds of CCW but other worlds to.
FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Rifts is a framework, if you don't like part of it don't use it.

Re: How do you see a PhaseWorld/3 galaxy,s movie?

Unread post by FatherMorpheus »

Wasn't that the plot to the Avenger's movie, but in space?

One could always do a straight up war movie from both sides. Pick a few ships of the line from the CCW side, a few from the TGE side, and heck a few from the UWW side. Perhaps over some strategic planet which turns out to be worthless. Show the heroic futility of war, with the fleets moving to the next front.

A big flashy explosion ridden Michael Bay/Jerry Bruckheimer type of movie that just shows a lot of awesome effects with a moderate story.

Then, IF it does well, you can actually do a more detailed sequel in the world where you have characters and story, and plot.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

I'm more of a 'Chronicles of Riddik' or 'Prometheus' fan as far as that kinda thing.
I either go for straight out action; small group of anti-hero's against the powers that be, or exploration of ancient eldritch horrors... IN SPACE! (My fave plot device for WH40k BTW; love when THE Inquisition or Mechanicus bite off more than they can chew).

Full on battlefleets smashing at each other is nice and all, but sometimes you gotta give "the little guy" their chance to punch out C'Thullhu / Vadar.
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
kirnos
D-Bee

Unread post by kirnos »

Guardians of the Galaxy. To me is a clear example of what Phase World is: Space adventure with magic powers.

That was in fact exactly the reaction that my friends had after seeing the movie: "Phase World, anyone?"
quertas
D-Bee

Unread post by quertas »

good scfi.. kinda like the marvel cosmos/sci-fi
would like to see a good scifi adventure...
i would watch it
quertas
D-Bee

Unread post by quertas »

things i like... cosmo knights, phase powers, phase world, book of heroes, things taht stand out for me
thedrunk
Explorer
Comment: Friendly Fire™
"Combat With a Smile"
A Ensite Para-Military Corperation

Unread post by thedrunk »

I see it as a group of anti heros, getting in the middle of a spat between the TGE, CCW. all looking for one Mystic thing ......

Todays CG could make it come alive with the right funding, a avatar type of CG yet both on planets and in deep space, and even Center.

Taking a turbo Jockey, Oni Ninja, Runner, and Space Magic class ( good ones in rifters like the spatial Mage, who would be young and not know her true powers. ) have them be a gorup of treasure hunters, Looking for the forge,
"when in doubt, do it. It's much easier to appolige than to get permission."
- Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and im not shure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Furoan
Wanderer

Unread post by Furoan »

Sorry its like a week or two but just a couple idea's for a 'movie' set in phase world.

1) A fleet battle between the CCW and the TGE battle...and then a strained 'alliance' pops up when a Dominator shows up in sector.
2) Basically steal Firefly's plot. Group of runners trying to slip by one of the big Empires.
3) Foundation of the UWW as a movie (Star Elves meet Space wizards and then are attacked by Splugoth only for Space Dwarves to come flying in at the last second, cue awesome action shots as everybody fights the Evil Intelligence's minions)
4) Straight up Super-Hero movie. Our Protagonist is chosen as a Cosmo-Knight and must protect his world. Possibly from a fallen-knight (who might or might not have been his mentor), who is determined to reach an artifact or something to restore him to his 'rightful place' (aka as a Cosmo-Knight rather than the 'meager' state he views himself as being in.
5) A straight up Heist movie (Oceans 11, inside man...). Basically part of the power plays between Manors Members or Nuruni and the Splugoth etc.
6) The beginnings of the Free Worlds Rebellion in TGE.
7) Aliens style movie. Group discovers a Star Hive...
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I'd probably focus a campaign on the rebels in the Transgalactic Empire and then work CCW/Phase/UWW/Splugorth in as they search for allies. It seems like a better primary setting than the CCW. Clearer hierarchy of bad guys.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

If I had a billion bucks, I would do an animated series (maybe on Avatar-level CGI) to warm up the audience, and then a movie.

Ideally, something with vampires (sex and blood, of course) in it, as long as the bloodsucker/zombie hype is still high.

Space battles with lots of magic weaponry is a must, of course.
But still, one of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather - This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.
- Terry Prachett

Small font: use ctrl+c and copy it, so you can read. But since it is in small fonts, it is not important. I am not a NE salesperson.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”