How to distribute hits

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

claes
D-Bee

How to distribute hits

Unread post by claes »

Let's say that a player's character fires at full automatic and lands four hits in a combat round. How do you distribute the hits? Is it up to the player to determine which enemies get hit or maybe some random method? I can't find anything about this in the rules.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Re: How to distribute hits

Unread post by Jefffar »

When I MD I expect the player to tell me who he is shooting at before he shoots, then the hits get distributed among his targets.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
claes
D-Bee

Unread post by claes »

Jefffar wrote:When I MD I expect the player to tell me who he is shooting at before he shoots, then the hits get distributed among his targets.

Would you give the player any extra negative modifiers for firing at more than one enemy?
Peacebringer
Adventurer

Unread post by Peacebringer »

In CP2020 Friday Night Fire-Fight rules set, each shot is rolled separately. But, it assumes a small volume of fire; but when you get a gatling-gun it gets ridiculous and we divided it into groups of five or ten. In Recon, someone hit with a gatling-gun probably is going to be hamburger-meat: But, in Cyberpunk, with cybernetics, armor, technology etc. It is possible to survive; wwe can build it; we have the technology.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

claes wrote:
Jefffar wrote:When I MD I expect the player to tell me who he is shooting at before he shoots, then the hits get distributed among his targets.

Would you give the player any extra negative modifiers for firing at more than one enemy?

If they were really far apart, probably.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
turko
D-Bee

Unread post by turko »

I pick an enemy, sometimes at random, and start whittling away at their HP. If the damage kills them, the "spillover" damage moves on to the next enemy, and so on.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”