Rifts Atlanteans and Rifts Sovietski RAW Editions - Gen Con

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Rifts Atlanteans and Rifts Sovietski RAW Editions - Gen Con

Unread post by AlexM »

Have you ever wanted to see a raw manuscript before it goes through the editing process? We are bringing RAW Preview Editions of these books to Gen Con. The press run for each title is only 150 copies.

SPECIAL: Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ Raw Preview Edition – debuting at Gen Con – Booth #823

The Raw Preview Edition of Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ will be available for sale at Gen Con. What you are getting is a rare look at the raw manuscript before it has been completely written, edited, illustrated and approved for publication. As such, there is little or no artwork, and characters, concepts, stats, and portions of text may be severely changed, rewritten, deleted completely or greatly expanded upon before it is ready for “official” publication. This is the virgin manuscript and a work in progress, but you can be the first to see what’s going to be in it! And this book is awesome.

Limited to 150 copies, and sold on a first come, first served basis. We have done this a couple times in the past, and fans seem to love it. There is so much demand for new product, we thought we would make a Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™ Raw Preview Edition available as a special Gen Con treat. All Raw Preview Editions are limited printings for collectors and fans, with only 150 copies ever printed. Note: I will put a couple dozen aside to post in the Palladium Books online store for those of you who can’t make it to Gen Con, as well as any that are left after Gen Con.

Get this item signed by the Palladium creators present at the 2016 Gen Con Indy to further enhance its value and uniqueness as a very limited collectible.

SPECIAL – Rifts® Sovietski™ Raw Preview Edition – debuting at Gen Con – Booth #823

The Raw Preview Edition of Rifts® Sovietski™ will be available for sale at Gen Con. What you are getting is a rare look at the raw manuscript before it has been completely written, edited, illustrated and approved for publication. As such, there is little or no artwork, and characters, concepts, stats, and portions of text may be severely changed, rewritten, deleted completely or greatly expanded upon before it is ready for “official” publication. This is the virgin manuscript and a work in progress, but you can be the first to see what’s going to be in it! This book is awesome and co-author Brandon Aten will be available at Gen Con to sign your copy.

Limited to 150 copies, and sold on a first come, first served basis. All Raw Preview Editions are limited printings for collectors and fans, with only 150 copies ever printed. We have done this a couple times in the past, and fans seem to love it. There is so much demand for new product, we thought we would make a Rifts® Sovietski™ Raw Preview Edition available as a special Gen Con treat. Note: I will put a couple dozen aside to post in the Palladium Books online store for those of you who can’t make it to Gen Con, as well as any that are left after Gen Con.

Get this item signed by the Palladium creators present at the 2016 Gen Con Indy to further enhance its value and uniqueness as a very limited collectible.

Alex Marciniszyn
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Re: Rifts Atlanteans and Rifts Sovietski RAW Editions - Gen

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Any word when the left overs and few held back for the online store will go up? If I don't get the Atlantenian one for my wife, she's going to poop kittens.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Any word when the left overs and few held back for the online store will go up? If I don't get the Atlantenian one for my wife, she's going to poop kittens.

That sounds painfully adorable.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Trust me. It's anything butt.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Shadow Magic and Crystal Magic in Secrets of Atlanteans!!!
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

I suppose they will go up next Friday with the weekly update...but the sooner the better...I would love to get them, specially RIFTS CCCP :)
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Reagren Wright wrote:Shadow Magic and Crystal Magic in Secrets of Atlanteans!!!

Well crystal magic would certainly make sense for a people with stone masters that also has crystal related magic.
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

What can we expect out of the Sovietski book? Are there new borgs and tech?
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I would have to assume any book based in that part of the world that the sovietski is will have at very least a bunch of new borg stuff either equipment for them or new chasis. That is pretty much the focus of both them and the warlords so it would make sense.
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

It's Friday night for me...where is the weekly update and the Raw Editions? I hope we'll get them in a few hours...
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
AlooWalking
D-Bee

Unread post by AlooWalking »

Hello, I helped write the Sovietski manuscript and I can promise you 'borgs galore. Brandon and I (mostly Brandon) created Sovietski-specific enhancements and bionic add-ons. There's a great optional table of penalties for getting your parts from back-ally chop-shops. We also focused a lot on world-building and nailing the cultural feel is this weird relic of the Old Soviet for them, but it's the Soviet Union of our future. We included information on the cultural differences between Sovietski cites, Russian RCCs, information on the Deadzones, more Sovietski tanks and we updated the OCCs from WB17 to R:UE standards. Hopefully, there will be a little bit of something for everyone. I must add the caveat that while I've seen the RAW Edition, the book is by no means final. Some of the stuff I mentioned could still be cut and Kevin may stick in something else cool as well. Thanks for the interest!
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Thanks Aloo. Waiting for mine to arrive.

Do you happen to remember the page count on the Raw edition?

AlooWalking
D-Bee

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Do you happen to remember the page count on the Raw edition?

I checked my copy; 160 with the standard Palladium introductions and final page product blurbs.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Thanks. A little light on page count for cost, but if I'm understanding right, very little art, so that'd add to the 'crunch' you'd get per page.

I'd hoped to get mine today, but... Palladium ships by slow mule or something. SAME STATE shipping is taking over a week to get here... :(

kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

89er wrote:What can we expect out of the Sovietski book? Are there new borgs and tech?

Got mine today no spoilers as per palladiums wishes but yes to both of your questions.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

One note, if the Palladium crew are reading this. Pertaining to the Atlanteans book.

Guys.. One disclaimer at the start of the tattoo section is all you need.

Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again in the tattoo descriptions, there's two paragraphs that are repeated. Stating that the tattoo's effect persists even if the T-man is knocked unconscious or mind controlled, and can be dispelled at will. (more words there but you'll know what I mean if you open the book)

you put the stipulation at the start of the chapter, and add in 'UNLESS OTHER WISE SPECIFICALLY NOTED" Then don't add in those two paragraphs over and over and over under (almost) EVERY SINGLE FLIPPING TATTOO write up.

Not trying to be punchy but after seeing the same two paragraphs over and over, sometimes two and three times on a page, eating up page count for an entire chapter, it sort of seems excessive.

The paragraphs stipulating the same thing, repeatedly often were bigger than the actual entry for what the power does.

kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:One note, if the Palladium crew are reading this. Pertaining to the Atlanteans book.

Guys.. One disclaimer at the start of the tattoo section is all you need.

Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again in the tattoo descriptions, there's two paragraphs that are repeated. Stating that the tattoo's effect persists even if the T-man is knocked unconscious or mind controlled, and can be dispelled at will. (more words there but you'll know what I mean if you open the book)

you put the stipulation at the start of the chapter, and add in 'UNLESS OTHER WISE SPECIFICALLY NOTED" Then don't add in those two paragraphs over and over and over under (almost) EVERY SINGLE FLIPPING TATTOO write up.

Not trying to be punchy but after seeing the same two paragraphs over and over, sometimes two and three times on a page, eating up page count for an entire chapter, it sort of seems excessive.

The paragraphs stipulating the same thing, repeatedly often were bigger than the actual entry for what the power does.

Hehe raw manuscript.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

I realize that. it was a suggestion before they go to print. :) flipping through the entire section it dropps off a bit after the weapon entries but still. It was repeated quite a bit.

kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:I realize that. it was a suggestion before they go to print. :) flipping through the entire section it dropps off a bit after the weapon entries but still. It was repeated quite a bit.

I am guessing stuff like that is pretty common in raw manuscripts as you don't know what is going to make the final cut probably over document stuff to make sure it comes out as intended.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Ehh... I know Palladium and their editing and LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE affair with cut and paste. So I wanted to bring it up. Perhaps save a mistake. :)

Hopefully someone will see it and take care of it.

kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Only downside of getting these is my brain is going to explode waiting for the sovietski book to get its art work and get final editing and shipping.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Yeah the Sovietski book suffers from lack of art. Having borgs or armor described is great, but you wanna SEE it. The smallish discriptions from RPG books don't do justice. You have to see it to see if it looks cool.

Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

I know folks got the RAW, but what number did they get?
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Tiree wrote:I know folks got the RAW, but what number did they get?

I had not checked. I am mostly just happy to get them. I think the sovietski book is going to be a super hot seller its pretty amazing even without art with art it is a must buy.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Mine don't have numbers on them. They're "one of 150' but not individually numbered.

AlooWalking
D-Bee

kaid wrote:Only downside of getting these is my brain is going to explode waiting for the sovietski book to get its art work and get final editing and shipping.

Yes! We all await that day. Glad you folks are excited by what you've seen, er.. read so far.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

AlooWalking wrote:
kaid wrote:Only downside of getting these is my brain is going to explode waiting for the sovietski book to get its art work and get final editing and shipping.

Yes! We all await that day. Glad you folks are excited by what you've seen, er.. read so far.

I have to say of all the raw previews I have seen the sovietski is the one that has been closest to ready to ship. Get the art in do the final editing passes and its good to go.
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

Mine just came today, now to weasel out of house work to read a few chapters.
Myrrhibis
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Myrrhibis »

Without getting too specific (looks like I missed out on the Raw Ed) did PB update the existing classes (I.e. Slayers) to make them more in line with the classes or now, 25 yrs later? As well as general TA racial updates?

Any chance some material from those 3 rifters made it in? I thought they were written pretty smartly.
Myrrhibis
--the VAwitchy Gamer Chick
Help my eggs & hatchlings to grow to hatch: Get your own @ Dragcave.net

Hound
Wanderer

Unread post by Hound »

Got both last week but haven't had any chance to do more thank a quick flip thru until now...

I will say.. the Atlantean book... soo good, absolutely love the expansion of Stone magic.. and you can never have enough Shadow magic I say!!!!!
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Myrrhibis wrote:Without getting too specific (looks like I missed out on the Raw Ed) did PB update the existing classes (I.e. Slayers) to make them more in line with the classes or now, 25 yrs later? As well as general TA racial updates?

Any chance some material from those 3 rifters made it in? I thought they were written pretty smartly.

Generically all atlantean OCC are relisted and updated with new additions to the mix. I don't remember what was in those rifters off the top of my head to know if their stuff made it.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Hound wrote:Got both last week but haven't had any chance to do more thank a quick flip thru until now...

I will say.. the Atlantean book... soo good, absolutely love the expansion of Stone magic.. and you can never have enough Shadow magic I say!!!!!

The shadow stuff both the plane of and shadow magic are really sweet. Just wish they were a bit more available to players.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”